Due Date: April 29, 2019
Require Propositions is open for the Facebook Research Study Computer System Vision for Global Difficulties 2019 Facebook is requiring propositions for pilot and early-stage research study that extends computer system vision innovations in establishing nations.
They particularly look for tasks that resolve the technical difficulties restraining computer system vision in these contexts, consisting of information and hardware constraints and much better combination of brand-new details sources, such as high-resolution satellite images. Competitive applications will likewise utilize computer system vision to attain international advancement top priorities, particularly those caught in the United Nations Sustainable Advancement Goals.
Illustrative computer system vision applications for providing this kind of social effect consist of (however are not restricted to) the following:
- Agricultural extension: much better notifying smallholders about crop health, bug control, animals health problems, or soil fertility
- Health services: enhancing medical diagnosis, dietary, water or sanitation evaluations
- Education quality: tools to improve access to details without needing high levels of literacy or language abilities
- Facilities and sustainable market: enhancing factory equipment or training to increase security, tasks or output. Transport developments for ecological and human advantage.
- Catastrophe relief and environment action: visual details for first-responders to fires, floods or other natural catastrophes. Technologies to handle or reduce ecological modification.
- Awards will be made in quantities varying from $20,000 to $40,000 for tasks as much as 6 months in period.
- Open to candidates worldwide from scholastic and/or research study organizations that are qualified for research study financing. This consists of private scientists dealing with a distinct issue, or several university departments. We motivate emerging scholars to use.
- Extra arrangements are noted below:.
- Awards should adhere to appropriate United States and global laws, guidelines and policies
- Candidates should be the Principal Private investigator on any resulting award
- Applicants might send one proposition per solicitation
- Organizations should be a not-for-profit or non-governmental company with acknowledged legal status in their particular nation (equivalent to 501( c)( 3) status under the United States Internal Earnings Code).
Propositions ought to consist of
- A summary of the job (1-2 pages) discussing the location of focus, conceptual and methodological difference in between the pilot research study and any future follow-on research studies, a description of methods, the research study’s applicability to Facebook, a timeline with turning points and anticipated results
- A spending plan description (1 page) consisting of an approximate expense of the award and description of how funds would be invested
- RÃ©sumÃ© for all essential job individuals
- Company information; this will consist of tax details and administrative contact information
For more details, go to Facebook Research Study