Due Date: September 6, 2019
The International Alliance for Improved Nutrition through its Market for Nutritious Foods Task is pleased to welcome applications for the GAIN’s Market for Nutritious Foods Development Accelerator Program 2019
The objective of GAIN’s Market for Nutritious Foods program is to increase the production, marketing, and accessibility of more safe and healthy foods by promoting development and catalyzing economic sector engagement. It does this through enhancing access to understanding, networks, technical help and financing by ways of the following techniques:
- A Neighborhood of Practice for understanding and networking;-LRB- ***************).
- Development Accelerator to assess and supply innovative financial backing and technical services to companies revealing the best capacity for favorable dietary effect and service strength and;-LRB- ***************).
- Hyperlinks qualified companies with prospective financiers for additional financial investment.
Those chosen for the Market’s Development Accelerator program will be qualified to get one or both of the list below kinds of assistance:
- Technical help and training (normal award worth: USD $5,000 to 20,000)
- Monetary grants (normal award worth: approximately $90,000)
Candidates need to satisfy all the following requirements in order to be thought about for assistance from the Market:
- Business is for-profit.
- Your business might partner with other organisations, consisting of non-governmental and governmental organisations; nevertheless, the lead candidate and implementer of business principle need to be an industrial company/business.
- Associations and cooperatives are likewise qualified to use if they are operating as companies.
- Business is a lawfully signed up entity in Kenya (able to show a PIN number and so on).
- Business need to presently be running in Kenya.
- Business is an economically feasible service and has an item (i.e. business design depends on sales earnings to cover all of the business’s expenditures).
- Proposition connects to an ingenious service principle in manufacture and/or circulation of healthy food. GAIN specifies “Development” as a brand-new or considerably enhanced item or service design, or an existing item or service design being presented into a brand-new market.
- Your service or product need to straight connect to sourcing, processing and/ or circulation of among the following worth chains: Gardening (vegetables and fruits), cereals, pulses, beans, nuts and/ or Animals (dairy, meat, eggs and fish)
- Application of the proposed service principle need to highlight a dietary effect for Kenyan low-income customers.
- Service principles with a main concentrate on facilities, farm inputs, innovation (Apps) or non-domestic/non nutrition focused farming items (e.g., roadways, exports) will not be thought about for awards.
- Proposed service principle will be executed in Kenya.
- Proposed service principle need to utilize locally-sourced basic materials
All propositions are examined versus the following requirements:
- Development: GAIN specifies “Development” as a brand-new food or service design and/or an existing item or service design being presented in an environment where it has actually not been executed prior to.
- Service abilities: the business and the business owner need to have the ability to show capability (Human capital, systems, facilities and so on) favorable to the advancement of the development.
- Advancement top priorities:.
- The proposition need to target population groups or locations that are especially at danger of poor nutrition.
- Business empowers female or youth business owners or adds to other ‘cross-cutting’ developmental top priorities (rural work, environment modification mitigation, and so on)
- Expediency: The products for processing or making the item needs to be dependably accessible in Kenya, and the production procedures and circulation design need to be suitable for the Kenyan environment and most likely to be interesting the Kenyan market.
- Nutrition Effect:.
- Scale; the service or product need to have the prospective to affect a a great deal of individuals who would take advantage of increased intake of healthy foods.
- Significance; the service or product need to make a considerable contribution towards dealing with nutrition spaces that the customers presently experience.
As soon as finished both kinds need to be conserved as a PDF file and emailed to [email protected]
For additional information, check out GAIN’s Accelerator