Due Date: April 30, 2019
Under a program supported by the Vera R. Campbell Structure, the School for Advanced Research Study(SAR) welcomes propositions for an Advanced Workshop that concentrates on the scenarios of females in the establishing world and provides courses to concrete, useful methods for enhancing their health, success, and basic wellness.
Numerous of the workshop individuals need to be females scholars or scholars/practitioners from the establishing world because among the objectives of the workshop is to promote expert linkages and the sharing of pertinent experiences. Propositions might resolve worldwide issues or concentrate on particular local concerns. Above all, the individuals ought to be devoted to producing useful enhancements in the lives of females and convenient propositions most likely to attain that end. Workshops concentrated on broad policy concerns will be evaluated according to whether useful application procedures are consisted of in the conversation.
- Workshops are kept in the School’s comfy and totally staffed workshop home, which has a conference room, dining-room, kitchen area, personal bed rooms for individuals, and an enjoyable yard. Every effort is made to develop an environment in which individuals can fulfill without disruption or interruption.
- The School supplies round-trip coach airline tickets, accommodations, visa expenditures, and all meals for as much as 10 individuals. Travel expenses are repaid at a rate of $500 per individual for domestic travel. SAR will repay travel expenses for 5 worldwide individuals at a rate of $1,700 each.
- Open to females scholars or scholars/practitioners from the establishing world.
The proposition ought to describe:
- The subject of the workshop and essential concerns to be attended to
- How the subject is of broad value to sociology and/or disciplines beyond sociology
- Why a workshop is required in order to resolve the subject
- Why a workshop is required now
- Who the individuals in the workshop may be, what each would contribute, and the possibility that each would take part
- The anticipated outcomes of the workshop
Workshops are granted competitively based upon assessments by a specifically assembled panel of customers who represent a broad spectrum of intellectual competence.
Applications are examined by the following requirements:
- Proposition Discussion: Propositions ought to describe the research study subject, essential concerns to be attended to, and approaches in a clear and orderly way. Competitive propositions are lingo complimentary.
- Significance of Workshop: Propositions ought to make a strong case for the intellectual significance of the workshop. How is the research study interesting, ingenious, and crucial in a broad anthropological and humanistic viewpoint?
- Suitability for SAR: The proposed workshop needs to plainly line up with SAR’s Objective.
- Quality of Research Study: Research study concerns and objectives ought to plainly line up with the task’s approaches and mentioned results. Anticipated outcomes ought to be reasonable and possible and the task needs to be expertly accountable.
- Timeliness of Workshop: The proposition needs to make a strong case for why a workshop is required to resolve the subject and why the workshop is required now.
- Capability of Organizer( s): The CVs of the organizer( s) ought to show tested experience in arranging scholastic occasions (e.g., chairing conference panel sessions, co-editing book volumes or unique journal concerns). Their publication records ought to be strong relative to their discipline and profession phase.
- Suitability of Individual List: The individuals’ research study competence and expert experience ought to plainly line up with the workshop’s research study subject and essential concerns to be attended to. Each individual’s awaited contribution to the workshop ought to be mentioned.
The application need to consist of:
- Candidate( s) Details Kind
- Abstract, of no greater than 150 words
- Proposition, not to surpass 6 double-spaced pages, resolving the requirements noted above
- Brief bibliography, not to surpass one single-spaced page, of referrals mentioned in the proposition
- Curriculum vitae, not to surpass 4 single-spaced pages, for the workshop chair( s) just
All application products need to be sent by e-mail to [email protected] Just totally finished applications that follow SAR’s standards and due dates will be thought about.
To learn more, see SAR Campbell Advanced Workshop