Application Due Date: March 20, 2019
The second Lagos Biennial of Contemporary Art will occur from October 26– November 30, 2019 at numerous places throughout Lagos, Nigeria. Managers: Tosin Oshinowo, Antawan I. Byrd, and Hansi Momodu-Gordon
With an approximated 21 million residents, Lagos ranks amongst the biggest cities worldwide and is the most populated in Africa. In current years, the city’s developed environment has actually broadened significantly through massive land improvement efforts, significant commercial and high-end advancement tasks, and brand-new transport facilities. This constant development has actually changed and enhanced Lagos’s unique history as a cosmopolitan center, and incubator of cultural and technological development.
Yet such quick modification continues to raise pushing concerns– dealing with cities around the world– about the effect of urbanization on conceptions of citizenship, the function of info systems, ecological sustainability, and socioeconomic equality. The upcoming biennial entitled, How To Develop a Lagoon with Simply a Bottle of White wine? will take the city of Lagos as its center and point of departure for a wider examination into how modern art and style consider the nature of developed environments today.
A series of propositions are invited, consisting of those that
- Think about how art work develop environments that can be occupied, or moderate interactions in between human beings and nature
- Propose designs for promoting compassion and thoughtful techniques to cohabitation due to urbanization
- Deal with the effect of architecture and developed environments on particular neighborhoods, social characteristics, and/or sensory experience
- Contemplate the relationship in between cities these days and much deeper histories of urbanization and financial exchange
- Hypothesize on the future function of art and innovation in creating sustainable lifestyles
- Examine the impacts of urbanization on interaction systems and print culture
Artists wanting to take part in the biennial are welcomed to use.
by sending a total application and supporting products.
Applications can be sent by means of an online application at lagos-biennial. org/opencall or by email at email@example.com
To Learn More: