Due Date: November 30, 2018
Use to be a speaker at the 11 th ICT4D Conference in Kampala and to provide your operate in front of a varied audience thinking about digital developments for advancement and help. The conference, occurring April 30 to Might 2, 2019, links public, personal & civil society companies to exchange concepts on digital tech for help & worldwide advancement.
Share your ICT4D experience, display your work, gain from your associates, and participate in a cross-sector conversation concerning application difficulties and finest practices. This year’s conference provides a distinct, hands-on chance to check out how individuals around the globe are utilizing ICT4D to:
- Enhance program quality
- Enhance decision-making
- Boost effect and
- Speed up development towards the UN’s Sustainable Advancement Goals.
Speaking is a fantastic method to share your experience in executing ICT4D options, promote conversation about the difficulties and finest practices surrounding their usage, and present individuals to brand-new methods of doing relief and advancement work.
Conference styles for 2019 are:
- Digital Financial Addition
- Digital Variety: Gender and Special Needs Addition
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Health and Nutrition
- Humanitarian Action and Durability
- Digital Advancement in Uganda
- Supply Chain
- Water Security (WASH, Water Resource Management)
- Youth Engagement
You will be provided a chance to choose a very first and 2nd style choice throughout the application procedure. Submissions will be filtered based upon these reactions and sent out to the accountable ICT4D Conference Committee for evaluation.
Conference track session formats will consist of:
- 40 minute case research studies, discussions or speeches (consisting of 10 minutes for Q&A)
- 10 minute Presentation Phase discussions
- 40 minute panel conversations organized by the ICT4D Conference Committee
- Roundtable conversations organized by the ICT4D Conference Committee
A restricted variety of scholarship awards are readily available to candidates to speak. These awards are mainly open up to candidates from Regional NGOs, NFPs or social business or companies headquartered in international south areas as specified by the World Bank.
You might decide to look for a scholarship in your application to speak. They especially motivate candidates in the youth classification to use.
Speakers are picked with referral to the following requirements:
- Remarkable development in ICT4D
- Trustworthiness and experience of the speaker and/or company
- Clearness of the sent abstract
- Importance of abstract to conference styles
- Proven outcomes and effect of the program/project
- Degree to which the program/project is replicable and scalable
- Variety of speaker or program recipient: this consists of however is not restricted to gender, age, citizenship, previous involvement as a speaker, area where speaker is based
Awards are made by the ICT4D Conference Scholarship Committee and are based upon requirements consisting of a presentation of quality in ICT4D and financial requirement.
You will be asked to compose a brief essay detailing why you need a scholarship.
To find out more, check out ICT4D Conference