Due Date: April 24, 2019
The Call for Specialists for AWDF Multilingual Feminist Grantmaking is open. The African Women’s Advancement Fund (AWDF) was developed in June 2000, as an Africa-wide humanitarian, grant making effort to support the realisation and fulfilment of African females’s rights through financing of self-governing females’s organisations on the continent. AWDF supports change-makers; African females’s activist organisations and people who have actually held and advanced the line on females’s rights.
AWDF operates in 2 significant languages, English and French. AWDF is searching for a multilingual feminist grantmaking specialist to function as Temporary Cover for its Francophone grantmaking portfolio for a duration of 8 weeks. The specialist will report to the Grants Supervisor, and will operate in close partnership with Grants Program Officers and administrators, Program experts, the Director of Programmes, along with other members of the AWDF group.
The function is mostly Grant Management and consists of the following:
- Evaluation French applications and suggest reliable organisations that promote AWDF’s objective, prepare a summary docket for management factor to consider
- Conduct due diligence on chosen females’s rights organisations when required
- Evaluation beneficiary reports and supply feedback and suggestions to the Grants and Financing groups
- Supply translation from French into English and English into French worrying grants as required
- Any other job in keeping with the function as appointed by Manager
Area and Period
This position lies in Accra however the jobholder can work essentially. The function, nevertheless might include some travel within the African continent.
The task is to begin instantly and would last for 8 weeks
- Specialist understanding of females’s rights problems in Africa with particular understanding of females’s rights issues and organisations in Francophone Africa
- Proficient at evaluating and handling grants/ task spending plans to females’s rights organisations, preferably in the context of grantmaking.
- Exceptional oral and written interaction abilities in French and English
- Exceptional social and group work abilities, a favorable mindset
- Shown capability to provide deal with time
- Post graduate level degree in gender and advancement, human rights or other appropriate location
Certified African females are motivated to use.
Certified prospects must please send out a cover letter, a CV of not more than 3 pages and indicator of 2 referees by e-mail to [email protected]
Kindly put in the e-mail subject header: “Consultancy, Momentary cover- Francophone grantmaking portfolio”
Just list prospects will be called for extra info and interviews.
To learn more, see AWDF