Due Date: April 8, 2019
The Institute of African Research Studies at the Carleton University is requiring submissions of a Poetry Anthology in Honour of Pius Adesanmi As part of a collage of efforts to memorialize the meteoric life of Pius Adesanmi, they thus welcome submissions of initial poems for an anthology in his memory.
On Sunday, March 10, 2019, Pius Adebola Adesanmi, author, scholar, teacher, and public intellectual, was eliminated together with 156 others from 35 nations in the Ethiopian Airlines airplane that crashed near to Addis Ababa airport quickly after liftoff. Prior to his death, Payo (as he was fondly called by numerous) was the Director of the Institute of African Researches, Carleton University, in Ottawa, Canada. His awful death at the age of 47 has actually left individuals in the neighborhoods where he performed his expert work and social advocacy reeling with discomforts.
The Institute has an interest in poetry that commemorate Pius Adesanmi and his work, that might likewise philosophically review presence, death, immortality and/or deal expect the living. Poets who understood (or did not understand) the poet ought to exorcise the discomforts of loss through intriguing poems that put out their beating hearts with intense enthusiasm. Well-woven “wreaths” in the type of Requiems, Orikis, Spoken Word, Haikus, Limericks, Lyrics, Free Verse, and so on are welcome. Poems will be examined by their poetic quality, thematic importance, technical skills, and emotive force. The anthology is arranged for publication by a respectable Nigerian publisher in the summer season of 2019.
- Submissions need to be initial, formerly unpublished poems
- Submissions connected to e-mails might include ONE to 3 poems of no greater than 5 pages optimum)
- Submissions need to be single-spaced and page-numbered.
- Contact info, (name, mailing address, and e-mail address) need to appear on the very first page of the submission. A brief, 3rd individual bio of no greater than 100 words ought to be consisted of.
- Preferred file formats: Word doc, docx (please no PDFs)
All submissions ought to be sent out to The Editors through [email protected]
For additional information, go to Wreaths for a Wayfarer