Due Date: Varies by Nation
Applications for the Rhodes Scholarship2020 are now OPEN! The Rhodes Scholarship supports extraordinary youths for postgraduate research study at the University of Oxford, and actively cultivates long-lasting knowing and fellowship. It is the earliest (very first granted in 1902) and possibly most prominent worldwide scholarship program, making it possible for impressive youths from all over the world to study at the University of Oxford.
The Scholarship is not simply a monetary bursary, it is a life-altering chance for extraordinary youths with the prospective to make a distinction for great on the planet. Rhodes Scholars are individuals who have a vision of how the world might be much better and the energy to make a distinction– whatever their sphere of interest.
The Rhodes Trust supplies the Rhodes Scholarships in collaboration with the 2nd Century Creators, John McCall MacBain O.C. and The Atlantic Philanthropies, and numerous other generous benefactors.
They are searching for future world leaders to take on pushing issues. Could that be you?
The Rhodes Scholarship is for 2 years in the very first circumstances. A Rhodes Scholarship covers:
- All University and College costs; the University application cost;-LRB- *****************).
- A yearly living stipend (₤15,144 per year 2018-19);-LRB- *****************).
- 2 economy class flights– to and from the UK– for the start and end of research studies in Oxford. Scholars get a settling in allowance on arrival (₤225 in 2017-18).
- The International Health Additional charge, which allows worldwide trainees to access the UK’s National Health Service, is covered for the period of a Scholar’s period.
- The application cost needed to use to study at the University of Oxford.
A variety of research study grants are likewise readily available to Rhodes Scholars, on application, which allows Scholars to, for instance, go to worldwide conferences or perform extra fieldwork.
- The Rhodes Trust warmly invites applications from skilled young adults of varied backgrounds.
- The broad eligibility requirements of the Rhodes Scholarship; conclusive eligibility requirements are noted in the pertinent Info for Prospects record for your country/region.
- Choice of Rhodes Scholars is made without regard to gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual preference, race, ethnic origin, colour, faith, social background, caste, or special needs.
- AUSTRALIA( 9 Scholarships)
- BERMUDA( 1 Scholarship)
- CANADA(11 Scholarships)
- CHINA( 4 Scholarships)
EAST AFRICA( 1 Scholarship)
Covering Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi
- GERMANY( 2 Scholarships)
- HONG KONG( 1 Scholarship)
- INDIA( 5 Scholarships)
- ISRAEL( 2 Scholarships)
JAMAICA & THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN( 2 Scholarships)
Covering Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Montserrat, Anguilla, the Turks and Caicos Islands, Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands
- KENYA( 2 Scholarships)
- MALAYSIA ( 1 Scholarship)
- BRAND-NEW ZEALAND( 3 Scholarships)
- PAKISTAN( 1 Scholarship)
- SAUDI ARABIA( Approximately 2 Scholarships)
- SINGAPORE( 1 Scholarship)
SOUTHERN AFRICA(10 Scholarships)
Covering South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and eSwatini
- SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON AND PALESTINE ( 2 Scholarships)
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES( 2 Scholarships)
- UNITED STATES(32 Scholarships)
WEST AFRICA( 1 Scholarship)
Covering Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo.
- ZAMBIA( 2 Scholarships)
- ZIMBABWE( 2 Scholarships)
If your nation is not noted, make an application for the International Scholarship
Rhodes Choice Committees are searching for youths of impressive intelligence, character, management, and dedication to service
The 4 requirements which governed the choice of Rhodes Scholars in 1902 are still the directing requirements for the choice of Rhodes Scholars:
- literary and scholastic achievements (scholastic quality)
- energy to utilize one’s skills to the complete (as shown by proficiency in locations such as sports, music, argument, dance, theatre, and creative pursuits, especially where team effort is included)
- reality, guts, dedication to task, compassion for and defense of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- ethical force of character and impulses to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
- Check out thoroughly the in-depth Info for Prospects particular to the country/region to which you are using.
- Examine the opening and closing dates of the application for your country/region
- Go Through the application introduction
For more details, check out Rhodes Scholarship