Due Date: July 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Study Fellowships 2020 The University Council has actually developed a number of Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Study Fellowships throughout all professors which might be granted for one year with the possibility of renewal.
The Fellowships are meant to cultivate existing research study and academic or imaginative activities within Rhodes University departments and institutes. Preferably a Fellow’s proposed work will carefully match existing programs in the host department.
- Each Fellowship is a bundle of R180,000 per year with an extra allotment of an optimum of R20000 to be utilized to support the discussion of documents at official conferences. The Fellowship can not be held simultaneously with any supplemental financing.
- Although there is no age constraint, possible Fellows should hold a postgraduate degree, granted within the last 5 years, ideally from an organization aside from Rhodes University and acknowledged as proper to the discipline for which the Fellowship is looked for. Effective prospects should be of remarkable benefit as evidenced by the quality and corpus of publications or other acknowledged types of accomplishment appropriate to the Fellow’s discipline. The Fellowship will be granted strictly on benefit.
- A candidate who has actually not finished his/her PhD at the time the Fellowship is provided should have sent the PhD thesis by the end of2019 In these scenarios the Research study Workplace will need written guarantee from the candidate’s manager that there is a sensible expectation that the postgraduate degree will be granted.
- Applications need to be made through Heads of Departments or Directors of Research Study Institutes.
Conditions of Award
- The University anticipates that all publications, imaginative works and other scholastic items of the Fellowship will bear proper recognition with complete association to Rhodes University. The University reserves the right to co-ownership of creations and/or patents straight originating from research study carried out under the sponsorship of the Fellowship.
- The University reserves the right to ask for the refund of any fellowship paid to the Fellow must the Fellow end his/her agreement prior to its conclusion.
Applications for the Fellowships need to be made through the possible host department and after that directed to the Research study Workplace ([email protected]). The decision of awards will be made by a committee making up the Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Research Study and Advancement (Chair), the Director: Research Study Workplace and Professors Deans.
To find out more, see Rhodes University Postdoctoral Research Study Fellowships 2020