Due Date: October 15, 2019
Applications for the Rockefeller Foundation-Acumen Trainee Social Development Difficulty2019 are now open. Establish ingenious services to issues related to hardship and pitch for a possibility to win as much as $20,000 plus a welcome to a neighborhood of knowledgeable business owners and financiers to assist you turn your concept into an impactful business.
Acumen, with the assistance of the The Rockefeller Structure, is gearing up trainee innovators to resolve issues related to hardship through a worldwide difficulty platform. Trainee groups from worldwide are coming together to check out locations of chance, establish concepts, and pitch for financing and mentorship. They think that purchasing early-stage innovators can result in unanticipated brand-new paths for fixing a few of the most intractable social difficulties.
About the Virtual Difficulty
In addition to supporting on school competitors, Acumen and The Rockefeller Structure are hosting a Virtual Difficulty with the goal of motivating and gearing up trainees from all over the world with the abilities and assistance to resolve issues related to hardship. World-changing concepts can originate from throughout the world, so they’re hosting a Virtual Difficulty for each trainee who does not have access to an existing school competitors.
There are 3 stages to the Virtual Difficulty:
- In Stage 1, groups of trainees will enlist in the 6-week Lean Start-up online course and send their social endeavor concepts.
- In Stage 2, the leading groups will sign up with an 8-week Trainee Social Business Accelerator, where they will be offered individually training and take part in a last pitch display.
- In Stage 3, the winning groups will get as much as $20,000 to change their concept into a real-life social endeavor. They will likewise be welcomed to sign up with Acumen’s Neighborhood of Social Innovators, a special network of Acumen Fellows, social business owners, and change-makers.
- Food and Farming
- Labor force advancement
- Monetary Addition
Are you a college student that wishes to resolve issues that matter? You remain in the best location.
- Discover social difficulties from professionals in the field
- Type a group and a concept for fixing among them
- Improve your concept through online courses and Knowing Labs
- Pitch your concept for a possibility to win financing, mentorship, and assistance
The very best concepts will win as much as $20,000 in financing along with an invite to a special neighborhood of knowledgeable business owners, financiers, and alter representatives, who will assist change these concepts into effective business.
The overall reward swimming pool for the Virtual Difficulty is $200,000 They expect dispersing $100,000 in financing in the Fall Virtual Difficulty, and $100,000 in the Spring Virtual Difficulty.
- Open to trainees around the world
- Anybody can take part in the Virtual Difficulty (and contend for $20,000 in moneying per group!), so long as you fulfill the following eligibility and involvement requirements:.
- Type a group of 2 individuals or more. A minimum of one staff member need to be actively registered at a college organization.
- Total 4 of the 5 tasks in the Lean Start-up course (consisting of the last project) and send an application for the Accelerator program. A minimum of 2 employee need to finish the Lean Start-up course.
- Interview for and be picked to take part in the Trainee Social Business Accelerator program.
- Take part in a minimum of 7 of the 8 Accelerator Knowing Labs and send all tasks, consisting of a last pitch deck. The pitch deck need to consist of a spending plan for the reward financing and a three-month work strategy consisting of essential turning points and dates.
Stage 1– All Individuals: Register for Lean Start-up and Submit Your Concept
- Register for the Lean Start-up online course prior to October 15, 2019
- Total the course and send your social endeavor concept prior to November 26, 2019
- Leading groups will be welcomed to sign up with the Trainee Social Business Accelerator
Stage 2– Finalists: Trainee Social Business Accelerator
- Our online Trainee Social Business Accelerator will start on January 27, 2020
- Establish your concept with individually training, peer mentoring, and case research studies
- Pitch your social endeavor to a panel of judges previously March 13, 2020
Stage 3– Winners: Get Financing and Sign Up With the Neighborhood of Social Innovators
- Winning groups will get as much as $20,000 from a financing swimming pool of $100,000
- Winners will likewise be welcomed to sign up with Acumen’s Neighborhood of Social Innovators to get continuous assistance from a network of Acumen Fellows, social business owners, and change-makers
For additional information, see Trainee Social Development Difficulty