Due Date: February 22, 2019
The Rothamsted International– University of Nottingham Fellowship is open for applications. The fellowship intends to promote the exchange of important farming research study abilities in between the Future Food Beacon, Rothamsted Research study and researchers from Low- to Middle- earnings nations.
The Fellowship will support abroad researchers to train at either University of Nottingham (UoN) and/or Rothamsted Research Study for 6-12 months on a research study task they co-develop with UoN and Rothamsted senior researchers, who will co-supervise the task.
The Fellowship will supply the effective prospect with
- Guidance and training at University of Nottingham and/or Rothamsted Research Study
- Funds for Research study expenses connected to their task
- Access to first-rate research study centers and clinical assistance
- Funds for lodging and subsistence.
- Funds for travel in between the house nation and the UK
The Prospect should fulfill the following requirements.
- The Prospect should be of doctoral status, with a minimum of 2 years’ post-doctoral experience. Prospects without Greater Degrees should have comparable research study experience to be thought about qualified for the plan.
- Applications will not be thought about where the primary goal of the see is research study causing a greater degree for the Prospect.
- The Prospect should be a person, or be based solely in a low- to middle- earnings nation. Please keep in mind that this will be specified as the nations noted on the DAC list of ODA receivers
- Prospects who have comprehensive and/or constant work in a high-income nation are not qualified for RI Fellowships.
- It is vital that the Prospect go back to work in their house nation where the experience acquired through the RI Fellowship can be used.
- Applications are sent by the UK manager, however should be of significance to research study in the prospect’s house nation. It is for that reason vital that the prospect reaches the UK manager and assists to co-develop the research study proposition. Propositions with very little contributions from the prospect, or manager, are not likely to be successful.
- In addition to the assistance of the UK manager, applications should likewise have the approval from the pertinent Department Head at Rothamsted Research Study and Teacher David Salt, Director of the Future Food Beacon at UoN.
- Prospect has a research study concept in mind with direct significance to advancement problems in the Prospect’s house nation.
- Prospect checks to see that their proposition falls within the farming, biological, ecological, mathematical or computational sciences, and is lined up to the University of Nottingham Global 2020 Method and the Rothamsted Science Method
- Prospects should then recognize a possible Manager at University of Nottingham or Rothamsted Research study and seek their contract and input to co-develop a fellowship proposition. The preliminary Manager will then recognize an appropriate manager at the partnering institute to co-supervise the Fellowship
Note: Prospects might discover the Manager, either through previous contact with that individual, suggestions by means of coworkers, clinical literature searches or by picking the pertinent scientist from the University of Nottingham and the Rothamsted Research Study personnel directory site
- When a Manager at UoN and Rothamsted has actually been recognized and they remain in contract to co-develop a research study task with the prospect, the lead Manager demands an application and additional assistance from Rothamsted International.
Note: application can not be downloaded from this site and should be sent by the Manager.
- Supervisors and Prospect co-develop the fellowship proposition.
- Lead manager sends the Fellowship application in advance of the specified due date.
- Applications are examined by a panel of specialists.
- This is a competitive plan and the Panel’s choice will be interacted to the Prospect and Manager– normally within 2 months of the application due date.
- Effective Prospect and their Supervisors concur a start date for the task.
To find out more, see Rothamsted International