Due Date: September 2, 2019
Are you aged 18-25 and have a winning service concept? The Royal Academy of Engineering’s Business Center assists striving engineering business owners turn their concepts into truth. Apply to the Launchpad Competitors 2019/2020 now for a possibility to win ₤15,000 money and professional guidance.
Each year the Royal Academy of Engineering assists one budding engineering business owner to begin a service based upon their engineering development. Over the 12 month program RaEng concentrates on gearing up the recipient with the self-confidence, abilities, experience and network of professional consultants needed to allow them to establish their development. The most effective recipients will then work as good example to influence the next generation of striving business owners, handing down the abilities they have actually gotten.
The winner will get
- The JC Gammon Award
- ₤15,000 equity-free prize money
- Life time subscription of the Business Center
- Applications are welcomed from people or little groups showing entrepreneurial pledge
- They motivate applications from females and other groups who are underrepresented in the engineering and start-up neighborhood
- The lead candidate need to be UK-based and in between the ages of 18 to 25 on 24 October 2019
- The lead candidate need to plan to play the leading function in the advancement of business, such as CEO or CTO
- You do not require to have a degree
- The proposed technology/service should be a development or creation in engineering and/or innovation. Engineering is specified broadly, consisting of, however not restricted to software application, style, energy, cleantech, products and medical gadgets
- It can be a social business, although this is not important and you need to plan for it to end up being self-sufficient
- You need to have recognized a practical and industrial service proposal with a big market chance. You might not yet understand how to understand it– they can assist with that
- You need to be intending to establish a service within the next 12 months
- The preliminary product and services concept need to have reached a minimum of the ‘evidence of idea’ phase– i.e. it has actually been revealed to work under test conditions, for instance with a standard model. So you understand it works and is not simply a theory
- You do not require to have actually gotten financial investment, financing or orders currently
- The Academy is devoted to variety and invites applications from females and other groups presently underrepresented throughout engineering and the start-up neighborhood
- The candidate need to have been straight associated with the advancement of the creation or development, and might be a device they created.