Due Date: September 3, 2019
Applications are open for the Royal Academy of Engineering Research Study Chairs and Senior Citizen Research Study Fellowships 2019/2020 This plan intends to reinforce the links in between market and academic community by supporting extraordinary academics in UK universities to carry out use-inspired research study that fulfills the requirements of the commercial partners.
Over the last 20 years, the Academy’s Research study Chairs and Senior citizen Fellowships plan has actually effectively supported various scholastic visits and improved worldwide prominent centres of quality.
Recipients are anticipated to:
- Establish or improve a world leading engineering research study group
- Provide ‘use-inspired’ research study that fulfills the requirements of their commercial partners
- Distribute the results of their research study for proper scholastic effect
- End up being a self-sufficient research study group by the end of the award (by protecting considerable external grant earnings: RCUK, EU, market, charities, and so on)
- The Academy will money as much as one 3rd (1/3rd) of 80% of the complete financial expenses (fEC). The enabled expenses are: gross income, indirect expense and estates. In this round, the Academy’s contribution will be topped at an optimum of ₤45 k per year which corresponds to an overall of ₤225 k over 5 years.
- Awards can just be held at UK universities
- All such awards made in this round should begin on March 1, 2020
- Research study Chairs are professorial visits, so candidates need to currently be a teacher or equivalent
Senior Citizen Research Study Fellowships are senior scholastic visits, so candidates need to currently be a Reader or Speaker level or equivalent
- It is anticipated that candidates need to have the ability to show an impressive research study profile consisting of a tested performance history in protecting external grant earnings (RCUK, EU, market, charities, etc) and establishing partnerships
- Applications are welcome from any engineering discipline. Engineering is specified in its broadest sense, incorporating a large range of varied fields, consisting of computer technology and products
- The period of an award is 5 years, typically on a full-time basis. The commercial sponsor should devote to money the whole five-year duration. Applications for much shorter period will not be accepted
- The commercial sponsor need to have a substantial base in the UK. Typically no greater than an optimum of 2 commercial sponsors per application would be allowed
- In unique situations the ‘commercial sponsor’ might be another financing body such as a charity or federal government department. In such cases, the financing body undergoes the exact same terms as a commercial sponsor, and need to likewise show ideal paths to effect in order to make use of research study results
- The commercial sponsor need to contribute a minimum of ₤250,000 towards this collective research study job over the five-year duration.
- The quantity of moneying the commercial sponsor wants to contribute is an essential evaluation requirement, being an indication of the level of dedication to the post and the level of aspiration for the group to be produced
- The university is anticipated to have actually currently determined a suitable collective research study job and protected the assistance of a commercial partner prior to sending an application
- This research study program will naturally line up with the interests of the commercial sponsor and its ‘use-inspired research study’ need to be underpinned by first-rate standard research study. This collective research study proposition need to be of shared advantage to both market and scholastic partners. Please keep in mind that it is not an agreement research study or consultancy arrangement
To find out more, check out RAENG Fellowships