Due Date: March 8, 2019
The Royal Academy of Engineering welcomes university groups to take part in the International Grand Obstacles Top Competitors2019 This is a program of challenge-led development, style and service advancement, culminating in the chance for groups to participate in a Cooperation Laboratory occasion and the International Grand Obstacles Top in London, UK.
University groups are welcomed to propose a development or unique method to attend to worldwide obstacles related to the sub-themes of the Top.
As the styles are broad, we anticipate the groups to take on several aspect of a difficulty instead of the whole topic. For instance, this might consist of:
- How do we feed 10 billion?
- Is ongoing urbanisation unavoidable and preferable?
- How can we attain internationally fair access to innovation?
- How do we stop the world being water brief?
- How do we make development circular?
While this does not require to be a fully-fledged start-up service, we are trying to find an extensive entrepreneurial and style method which reveals that the groups have actually moved beyond a preliminary concept or innovation idea. The development needs to be practical with a clear path to development and continual effect, though does not require to be a profit-making entity.
Prizes and Advantages
- 5 champ groups from each nation– UK, United States, and China– will be chosen to participate in a Cooperation Laboratory occasion and the International Grand Obstacles Top in London, UK, 12-18 September 2019.
- On the very first day of the Cooperation Laboratory occasion (see listed below), these 5 winning groups from each nation will complete versus each other, providing a 3-5-minute pitch of their propositions to a choice of senior judges and all Cooperation Laboratory occasion individuals.
- Winning groups will be granted a little prize money, and publicised through suitable media channels.
- All 5 champ groups will then take part in the Cooperation Laboratory and International Grand Obstacles Top, as laid out listed below, together with other trainees from the UK, China, and U.S.A..
- Each group should make up in between 4 and 6 undergraduate trainee members (consisting of last year trainees)
- All groups should designate a group leader who is needed to be from an engineering program, however trainees from other disciplines are highly motivated to be part of the group
- Each group should have at least one coach who wants to take a trip to London for the Top with their group
UK Competitors: The Royal Academy of Engineering will shortlist twenty groups to participate in a two-day interactive workshop in April, helped with by a shipment partner. On this celebration, trainees will get the understanding and tools to work individually and establish concentrated style services to worldwide obstacles– associated to the International Grand Obstacles Top 2019 style– resulting in a competitors display hosted by the Academy in June 2019, when 5 winning groups will be selected.
They will have the opportunity to more establish their tasks and pitch them on the very first day of the Cooperation Laboratory preceding the Top, contending versus an equivalent variety of groups from China and the United States
Additional information on the UK Competitors and how to use are offered here
For more details, check out GGCS 2019