Due Date: July 22, 2019
The Africa Reward for Engineering Development is now OPEN for applications. The Africa Reward motivates enthusiastic and gifted sub-Saharan African engineers from all disciplines to establish scalable options to resolve regional difficulties, highlighting the significance of engineering as an enabler of enhanced lifestyle and financial advancement. The goal of the Africa Reward for Engineering Development is to promote, commemorate and reward development and entrepreneurship in sub-Saharan Africa.
Applications are welcomed from business owners and engineers in sub-Saharan Africa who have actually established an ingenious services or product that can offer scalable options to regional difficulties, with a specific focus on sustainable social and financial advancement. Candidates with engineeringrelated developments from all disciplines are welcomed to go into, whether the candidate themselves have an engineering background.
- 16 shortlisted candidates will get an eight-month plan of customized assistance to assist them attain business success from their development, consisting of 3 week-long immersion sessions, supplemented by remote assistance.
- The 4 finalists will pitch at the last occasion in Africa in June 2020 (occurring throughout the 3rd immersion week).
- The staying shortlisted candidates will likewise be welcomed to show their developments at an exhibit at this occasion.
- The total winner of the GBP 25,000 reward will be revealed at a prominent occasion in June 2020.
- 3 runners-up with get ₤10,000 each.
* For the 3 immersion weeks, visa costs, worldwide flights, airport transfers, hotel lodging, subsistence and any in-country transportation associated to the training will be spent for by the Academy.
- Candidates should have established (or co-developed), or remain in the procedure of establishing (or co-developing) a brand-new technological development.
- Candidates must have the aspiration to take a leading function in producing a brand-new service to commercialise this development.
- The Africa Reward is part moneyed by the UK Federal government’s Worldwide Obstacles Research study Fund, and as such all activities should be certified with Authorities Advancement Support (ODA) guidelines.
- Candidates should be people or little groups
- Specific candidates should be people of a nation in sub-Saharan Africa:.
- Angola Benin Botswana Burkina Faso Burundi Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Comoros Republic of the Congo Democratic Republic of the Congo Cote d’Ivoire Djibouti Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia Gabon The Gambia Ghana Guinea Guinea-Bissau Kenya Lesotho Liberia Madagascar Malawi Mali Mauritania Mauritius Mozambique Namibia Niger Nigeria Rwanda Sao Tome and Principe Senegal Seychelles Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa South Sudan Sudan Swaziland Tanzania Togo Uganda Zambia Zimbabwe
- For groups of 2 or more, the lead candidate should be a resident of a nation in sub-Saharan Africa
- The development should be based in a nation in sub-Saharan Africa
- Candidates should have an engineering development, however are not needed to be an engineering graduate or trainee
- Candidates should offer a letter of assistance from a university or research study organization, this can be as easy as specifying a private studied at that organization. If candidates are not associated with a university, another file showing the status of your organisation or development, such as a file of incorporation or comparable, can be utilized.
- The lead candidate should be over the age of18 There is no upper age limitation.
- Commercial scientists and facilities are not qualified.
- The candidate’s development can be any brand-new item, innovation or service, based upon research study in engineering specified in its broadest sense to incorporate a wide variety of fields. This consists of however is not restricted to: farming innovation, biotechnology, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer technology, style engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, ICT, products science, mechanical engineering, and medical engineering. If you remain in any doubt that your location of knowledge would be thought about engineering, then please get in touch with the Academy to discuss your application.
- Candidates must have attained the advancement of, and remain in the early phases of commercialising, an engineering development that:.
- Will bring social and/or ecological advantages to a country/countries in sub-Saharan Africa;-LRB- ****************).
- Has strong capacity to be duplicated and scaled-up;-LRB- ****************).
- Is accompanied by an enthusiastic however reasonable service strategy which has strong business practicality.
After the program, all shortlisted prospects will be anticipated to offer quick development reports to The Academy about the development of their service 6 months and 18 months after the last occasion.
All applications should be sent by means of the online grants system, candidates must guarantee they check out the assistance keeps in mind prior to sending their application.
< a id=" ctl00 _ ctl00 _ cphBody_cphMainContent_ucMainContent_widget2_ctl 00 _ lnkLink" class=" inline-link" title=" Online grants system[External link - opens in a new window]" href=" https://grants.raeng.org.uk/" target=" _ blank" rel=" noopener noreferrer" > Online grants system( You should initially sign up an account, which you will be triggered to do) < a id=" ctl00 _ ctl00 _ cphBody_cphMainContent_ucMainContent_widget3_ctl00 _ lnkLink" class=" inline-link" title=" Assistance keeps in mind - Africa Reward [PDF file - 892.70 KB]" href=" https://www.raeng.org.uk/publications/other/africa-prize-guidance-notes-( 1 )" target=" _ blank" rel=" noopener noreferrer" >
For additional information, go to Royal Academy of Engineering