Due Date: January 25, 2019
Request the Royal Society Summer Season Science Exhibit Internship Program 2019 The Summer Season Science Exhibit Intern will deal with the general public Engagement group to assist provide the Royal Society’s flagship public occasion of the year, the Summer season Science Exhibit.
Each year the Royal Society combines 22 displays and over 600 scientists to display the UK’s the majority of amazing, innovative science to over 14,000 visitors. Together with the exhibit, they run a program of occasions consisting of an adults-only night, interactive household programs, talks and drop-in activities.
The work of the Summer season Science Exhibit Intern will consist of:
- Drafting, modifying and preserving material for the 2019 Summer season Science Exhibit site and supporting digital engagement prior to and throughout the exhibit
- Communicating with the larger task group consisting of internal departments, external stakeholders and provider to support preparations for the exhibit
- Supporting the Elder Public Engagement Officer in the external recruitment and management of volunteers.
- Composing a range of products for usage in digital marketing, printed marketing, and internal documents and reporting
- Dealing With the general public Engagement group throughout the shipment of the Summer season Science Exhibit consisting of established weekend (29 June– 30 June), the exhibit (1– 7 July) and remove (8 July). You will not be needed to work every day of the exhibit or established, however should be offered most days throughout this timeframe. Time off in lieu will be offered for weekend and night working
- Dealing with administrative jobs, supporting exhibitors and volunteers, welcoming visitors, and occasion management throughout the exhibit
- Supporting the Summer Season Science Exhibit Talks and activities program, consisting of occasion preparation, shipment and speaker management
- Sharing experience and concepts with others in the area and Society, and contributing broadly to the Society’s objectives and goals
- The internship offers an income of ₤18,564 per year
- Candidates need to have a verifiable interest in public engagement, outreach and/or dealing with the general public
- Great composed and oral interaction abilities, and clear composing design
- Great time-management and prioritisation abilities
- Great attention to information
- A capability to work under pressure as part of a group
- Exceptional understanding of workplace systems and treatments, consisting of computer system abilities in Microsoft Workplace and databases
- A degree or equivalent in a science, engineering, mathematics or other appropriate topic
- A verifiable interest in science, mathematics, innovation and its wider social significance
- An understanding of online interaction and marketing
- Experience in arranging and providing occasions
To find out more, see Royal Society Internship