Application Due Date: March 1st 2019
The objective of the Ruth First Educational Trust is to allow southern African trainees from traditionally disadvantaged backgrounds to carry out postgraduate research study at the University of Durham. Southern Africa is specified for this function as consisting of the following nations: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Republic of South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Scholarships make a crucial contribution towards social,.
instructional and financial advancement in the area. In addition to their.
worth to people they have broad developmental effect, within and.
beyond southern Africa.
Ruth First Scholars have actually played favorable management functions in their.
neighborhoods and are picked for their active dedication to excellent causes,.
in addition to for their scholastic capability.
Lots of previous Ruth First Scholars now hold essential positions in the.
public and economic sectors in southern Africa, and have actually ended up being.
inspiring good example for youths.
Candidates need to be a nationwide of among the list below nations:
- Republic of South Africa
Level of Research Study
Taught Master’s Degree programs
Mode of research study
Year of Entry
Applications for programs beginning 2019/20
All programs OTHER THAN MBA
Candidates ought to:
- hold an appropriate honours degree of adequate requirement to be confessed to your picked Master’s course; and
- not hold a Master’s degree, nor have actually formerly studied at a university outside southern Africa, and
- reveal proof of active participation in and dedication to voluntary work for the advantage of causes such as rural or city neighborhood advancement; youths or instructional tasks; charitable companies; health or HELP awareness tasks; trainee well-being or assistance; the defence of human rights; the promo of level playing fields or social justice; ecological sustainability. If you have actually a paid task that includes operating in such locations, you ought to reveal proof of management and dedication beyond the requirements of the task.
- Complete payment of tuition costs
- Stipend for living expenditures– 12 month-to-month payments
- one return air ticket from the house nation to the UK and the expense of return travel in between the UK airport and Durham City
- Completely moneyed lodging and meals at St Chad’s College
- ‘ Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- A contribution towards the expense of a UK visa and the UK Health additional charge
The Trust can not offer extra assistance for dependants, nor for travel throughout the duration of the Scholarship.
Variety of awards offered
Please utilize this Application to Get this Scholarship.
Application due date
1st March 2019
When prospects will hear the result of their application
For more details or guidance:
For Additional Information:
Check Out the Authorities Website of the Ruth First Educational Trust Scholarships 2019/2020