Due Date: August 11, 2019
Applications are open for the Safe Abortion Action Fund 2019 Round 5 Financing The Safe Abortion Action Fund (SAAF) pursues a world where rights to gain access to safe and legal abortion are developed and secured, ladies are empowered to work out these rights and lives are conserved. Hosted by the International Planned Being A Parent Federation (IPPF), SAAF supports regional and grassroots companies, offering versatile grants for tasks that:
- Boost access to quality abortion services with a concentrate on resolving the requirements of bad, susceptible and tough to reach ladies and women
- Assistance legal and policy reforms in nations where abortion is limited
- Tackle unfavorable social standards and mindsets towards abortion, in order to develop a making it possible for environment that guarantees every female and woman has access to quality abortion services
- Create and distribute proof to enhance the quality and efficiency of abortion shows and advocacy techniques
By noticeably moneying tasks utilizing a global financing system, SAAF works to de-stigmatize abortion and to legitimize the abortion dispute by developing and supporting a ‘network of champs’ who are more empowered to operate at regional and nationwide levels.
- The optimum grant will be US$80,000 for as much as 15 months
- Projects will begin on first January2020 The most recent end date possible is 31 March 2021.
- Regional organisations signed up in nations noted here are qualified to use. SAAF can money tasks led by private organisations, a group of organisations or nationwide and local networks based in the Global South.
- Organisations without an official registration will be permitted to use if they have a financial sponsor. More information on this can be discovered in the standards.
What they money
- Any task that enhances the allowing environment for the promo and shipment of safe abortion services and/or the avoidance of risky abortion through locally-led modifications in legislation, policy, service shipment and mindsets is qualified for financing.
- This might consist of the whole spectrum of activities from service shipment to advocacy for policy modification or research study. The standards consist of some examples of the kinds of efforts or techniques that might be executed, however the list is not extensive.
For much better opportunities, an application ought to:
- Attend to the requirements of low-income, marginalized, young and/or otherwise underserved ladies and women.
- Plant the seeds of modification, e.g. by producing a modification in the operating environment through advocacy efforts, or developing brand-new, more reliable methods of providing services
- Build capability either in the course of executing task activities or carrying out particular capability advancement efforts in the field of abortion
- Have the ability to show sustainability of impact/leave some footprint behind after the financing is completed
- Technique access to safe abortion from a human rights based and gender transformative point of view
They are especially thinking about
- Address abortion problems in a limited environment with intrinsic threats (consisting of humanitarian and dispute settings)
- Are catalytic and increase the effect of other stars operating in this field
- Acknowledge and intend to reduce or change gender inequalities and power relations that impact ladies’s capability to recognize their sexual and reproductive rights.
The SAAF secretariat will run 3 online Q&A sessions in English, French and Spanish in which you can ask any concerns that you have about the application procedure, kind or standards. If you can not participate in on the day however wish to get a recording of the sessions please register, as the recording will be shown all those signed up.
- To sign up for the English session at10.00 BST/London time, Tuesday 23 rd July click on this link
- To sign up for the French session at 10: 00 BST/London time, Wednesday 17 th July click on this link
- To sign up for the Spanish session at 16: 00 BST/London time, Tuesday 23 rd July click on this link
For additional information, check out Safe Abortion Action Fund