Due Date: October 27, 2019
Applications are open for the Santa Fe Institute Intricacy Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020 The Intricacy Postdoctoral Fellowships, consisting of the Omidyar and ASU-SFI Fellowships, at the Santa Fe Institute are distinct amongst postdoctoral visits.
The Fellowships provide early-career scholars the chance to undertake their own independent research study within a collective research study neighborhood that supports imaginative, transdisciplinary idea in pursuit of crucial insights about the complex systems that matter most for science and society. The Institute turns down separated believed typical in academic community. Rather, SFI researchers go beyond limits in between fields, easily manufacturing concepts covering lots of disciplines– from mathematics, physics, and biology to the social sciences and the liberal arts– in pursuit of imaginative insights that advance clinical frontiers.
Postdoctoral Fellows invest approximately 3 years in home at SFI, where they add to SFI’s research study in the sciences of intricacy and end up being the “brand-new management for brand-new science.” As believed leaders who form the future of science, Postdoctoral Fellows likewise take part in a special training program structured to establish management abilities throughout their three-year residencies and beyond.
The Institute has no official programs or departments. Research study is collective and covers the physical, natural, and social sciences. A lot of research study is theoretical (SFI does not have laboratory centers) and/or computational in nature, although it might consist of an empirical element. SFI has 14 postdoctoral scientists, 13 resident professors, 100 external professors, and averages 1000 visitors each year. Descriptions of the research study styles and interests of the professors and existing Fellows can be discovered at SFI Research study.
- The institute supplies a chance to team up with leading scientists worldwide, discretionary and collective funds, a competitive income with a generous advantage plan consisting of paid household leave.
- Candidates ought to have a Ph.D. in any clinical discipline given within 6 years of the application due date or finished prior to September 2020;-LRB- **************).
- Have strong quantitative and computational abilities, an excellent scholastic record
- A shown capability to work both separately and collaboratively
- A showed interest in transdisciplinary research study
- Proof of the capability to believe beyond conventional paradigms
- The Santa Fe Institute is a level playing field company, and females, veterans, and members of underrepresented groups are specifically motivated to use. U.S. citizenship is not a requirement, nevertheless, you should be lawfully able to operate in the United States. SFI will sponsor a J1 Visa for effective prospects. SFI is unable to sponsor a H1B Visa for prospects.
You will be asked to offer the following application products:
- Curriculum vitae (consisting of publications list)
- Declaration of research study interests (max. 2 pages) consisting of a brief description of the research study you want to pursue and why
- Description of interest in SFI (max. 1 page) that explains your possible contribution to the SFI neighborhood and likewise discusses the possible effect of SFI on your research study. Think about dealing with several of the following: What type of input from other fields would most enhance your future research study? What kind of multidisciplinary workshop might you wish to arrange throughout your Fellowship? What elements of your present or future research study are challenging to pursue in a standard scholastic environment? What experiences, if any, do you have associated with SFI’s objective of promoting a varied and inclusive scientifc neighborhood?
- 3 recommendation letters from scholars who understand your work. (The letters ought to be sent out separately of the application. When you finish the online application, please be prepared to offer e-mail addresses of the 3 people who will suggest you. SFI will call them straight with guidelines for sending letters.
- ( Optional) A copy of one paper you have actually composed in English, either released or unpublished
- ( Optional) Variety kind.
For additional information, see Santa Fe Institute