Due Date: November 7, 2019
The Schlumberger Structure is accepting applications for the Professors for the Future Fellowships The Professors for the Future program, released in 2004, awards fellowships to ladies from establishing and emerging economies to pursue PhD or Post-doctoral research study in science, innovation, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at leading universities worldwide. The program’s long-lasting objective is to produce conditions that lead to more ladies pursuing clinical professions by reducing the barriers ladies deal with when getting in STEM disciplines, hence decreasing the gender space.
Professors for the Future Fellows are anticipated to go back to their house nations after conclusion of their research studies to add to financial, social and technological improvement by reinforcing the STEM mentor and research study professors of their house organizations. They can likewise make contributions in the general public sector where their recently obtained technical and clinical abilities can assist offer evidence-based assistance for STEM policy making. In so doing, they end up being effective good example and assist to influence other women and ladies to pursue clinical professions.
Considering that its launch in 2004, 721 ladies from 80 establishing and emerging nations have actually gotten Professors for the Future fellowships to pursue PhD and Post-doctoral research study in STEM in prominent universities beyond the house nation. While all applications will be assessed utilizing the very same requirements, applications would be especially welcome from nations that are presently under-represented to allow a broad geographical spread which is an essential consider the general objective of this grant program.
About the Grant
Professors for the Future grants are based upon real expenses for qualified expenditures approximately an optimum of USD 50,000 annually for a PhD and optimum of USD 40,000 annually for a Post-doc and might be restored through to conclusion of research studies.
The preliminary period of the grant is for one scholastic year. Renewal grants go through efficiency, self-evaluation, suggestions from managers and strong proof of re-integration strategies in the house nation.
To be qualified to request this Fellowship candidates need to satisfy the following requirements:
- You are a female and are a person of an establishing nation or emerging economy *. You are not qualified to use if you hold double citizenship of which one is citizenship of an industrialized nation. (N.B. If you have actually been granted a Professors for the Future grant and after the award you get citizenship of an industrialized nation, the grant will be stopped since the date of such extra citizenship);-LRB- **************).
- You are getting ready for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research study in the physical sciences, engineering, innovation and associated disciplines. Awards in life sciences are restricted to interdisciplinary research study in between physical and life sciences. The Professors for the Future program does not money Master level research studies;-LRB- **************).
- You are registered, confessed or have actually used to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a prospect has actually not yet used to a university). If you are obtaining a sandwich course the last degree need to be granted by the Host University abroad (i.e., not from the house nation university);-LRB- **************).
- You hold an outstanding scholastic record;-LRB- **************).
- You have a tested performance history of mentor experience or can show dedication to mentor;-LRB- **************).
- You can show active involvement in professors life and outreach programs to motivate girls into the sciences;-LRB- **************).
- You want to add to the socio-economic advancement of your house nation and area by reinforcing the professors in your house university, pursuing pertinent research study, or utilizing your particular proficiency to attend to public law matters.
Schlumberger workers are not qualified to request Professors for the Future grants.
The Professors for the Future program concentrates on establishing and emerging economies.
The competitors is really extreme for a restricted variety of awards. No specific correspondence will be participated in to offer factors to not successful candidates for not getting a grant; In addition to difficult competitors, applications are normally not successful due to the following factors:
- Poor quality and/or insufficient application (particularly in the Personal Essay and Research Study Proposition Declaration)
- Failure to satisfy eligibility requirements
- inadequate proof of dedication to house nation return; to mentor
- Level of credentials (the Schlumberger Structure just funds PhD and post-doctorate programs).
If you do not satisfy the above requirements, please DO NOT request a grant, as your application will not be maintained in the choice procedure. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions prior to you use.
- Prospects ought to have used to, have actually been confessed to, or be presently registered in a university abroad when sending their grant application. Prospects need to hold an outstanding scholastic record and show their dedication to mentor and research study or to utilizing their clinical understanding in public law advocacy.
- Prospects ought to show management abilities, neighborhood outreach interest and have a performance history in motivating girls into STEM fields. Prospects ought to likewise show their dedication to going back to their house nations to add to the financial, social and technological improvement of their areas, pursuing professions in the mentor and research study professors of their house organizations and likewise handling positions in the general public sector.
To find out more, see Schlumberger Structure