Due Date: October 14, 2018
Require submission of propositions for the WikiIndaba Conference 2019 is open. WikiIndaba 2019 will be the 4th edition of the yearly African conferences which offer a distinct chance for the Wikimedia neighborhood in Africa and the disapora to come together, share their typical objectives, and establish much better methods to interact.
The very first edition was kept in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2014 by Wikimedia ZA, while the current edition was kept in Tunis, Tunisia in 2018 by Wikimedia TN Usergroup. The 2019 edition of the conference will be hosted in Abuja, FCT, Nigeria by the Wikimedia UG Nigeria.
The Conference focuses on
- Structure capability for African Wikimedians
- Cultivating development of the protection and participation of Africa in Wikimedia tasks
- Linking African Wikimedians both within the continent and in the diaspora
WikiIndaba discussions have to do with subjects connected to the work of Wikimedians and the Wikimedia tasks. Submissions might have to do with any location of Wikimedia work, consisting of:
- Wikimedia Research Study
- Innovation and facilities
- Outreach and education
- Legal and social elements
- Job neighborhood and neighborhood advancement
- Job material.
- Open to Africans both within the continent and in the diaspora;-LRB- **************).
- Submissions can be about continuous or brand-new tasks and efforts, associated tasks outside Wikimedia, and research study associated to the Wikimedia tasks;-LRB- **************).
- Discussions, workshops and conversations can be focused on any audience, consisting of skilled Wikimedia factors, brand-new or starting Wikimedia factors, or existing Wikimedia factors who wish to discover brand-new abilities or begin operate in a brand-new location;-LRB- **************).
- They particularly welcome brand-new WikiIndaba speakers, discussions about problems of existing issue to the Wikimedia neighborhood, reports from Wikimedia’s sibling tasks and conversations of the existing work and future of these tasks, and roundtable/birds of a plume conversations indicated to go over and resolve existing problems connecting to the Wikimedia tasks and neighborhood;-LRB- **************).
- This will be a monolingual conference, and just discussions in English are invited. Nevertheless, you can make your submissions in other languages, after rendering the English variation;-LRB- **************).
- All discussions and conversations are motivated to be as interactive as possible and help with knowing and sharing by the participants.
All submissions ought to consist of:
- The name and association of the speaker or mediator if any
- The title of the discussion
- An abstract explaining the subject of the discussion and exactly what participants can anticipate to remove from the session.
- A description of exactly what participants can anticipate to remove from the session.
- For discussions, panels and conversations, please state the anticipated or meant audience of the session (brand-new factors, experienced factors, or all).
- Roundtable and birds of a plume conversation ought to suggest exactly what the result of the conversation is wanted to be.
- Panel discussions ought to consist of the name of the speakers, if verified, and a quick summary of exactly what each speaker will contribute.
- Workshop submissions ought to consist of the level of the workshop (start, intermediate, skilled), what participants ought to do to get ready for the workshop, and a description of the workshop speaker’s experience.
For additional information, go to WikiIndaba Conference