Deadline: August 10, 2020
The Seychelles Conservation and Climate Adaptation Trust (SeyCCAT) has launched its fourth call for proposals under the Blue Grants Fund (BGF). It is now inviting applications for funds through a competitive “Request for Proposals” process.
This year, SeyCCAT finances projects that fall under any of the three strategic objectives:
- Strategic Objective 1: Support new and existing marine and coastal protected areas and sustainable use zones
- Strategic Objective 2: Empower the fisheries sector with robust science and know-how to improve governance, sustainability, value and market options.
- Strategic Objective 5: Trial and nurture business models to secure the sustainable development of Seychelles’ blue economy.
These projects are designed and delivered by a range of partners through either:
- Small-medium grants up to SCR 100,000. These grants will be awarded on the basis of an approved concept note. The maximum duration of grant awards is 12 months for a small-medium grant.
- Large grants between SCR 100,000 and SCR 1,000,000. These grants will be short-listed on the basis of the concept note (stage 1), and then awarded on the basis of a full proposal (stage 2). The maximum duration of grant awards is 24 months for a large grant.
- Any locally registered NGO or CSO, businesses, parastatal organization, government agencies or departments, and citizens of Seychelles may submit a proposal;
- Proposers must have legally existed and operated in the Seychelles for a minimum of one year. They encourage applications from partnerships and consortia that can demonstrate a shared vision and appreciation of inter-organisational competencies required to achieve a successful project.
The deadline for concept notes for the fourth call is August 10, 2020. Concept notes can be submitted online or you can download and submit the concept note in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit SeyCCAT Blue Grants Fund.