Deadline: February 9, 2021
Are you a civil society leader in South Asia or the MENA region? Are you working for a more gender equal world? Apply now for the SI Leader Lab 2021.
SI Leader Lab is an online leadership program for advocates of gender equality who wish to grow in their role while exploring new tools and forms for collaboration. Apply to SI Leader Lab if you want to grow as a leader, develop your advocacy skills and share knowledge in a network of inspirational peers.
SI Leader Lab 2021 will bring together 60 young influential civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA region and Sweden who are active advocates of gender equality. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for gender equality.
The program is an opportunity for you to develop your advocacy skills and work on strategic outreach within your focus area. It’s also an opportunity to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form new connections and to try out innovative tools and methods with peers working in a similar context.
The program, spread over three months, contains highly interactive online meetings. They will work in smaller learning groups, combined with sessions that include all participants. The training is founded on experience-based and collaborative learning and will allow you to explore real challenges and areas of development for your own organisation in an innovative and supportive environment. The program is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
SI Leader Lab will give you:
- Personal insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group development.
- An opportunity to explore effective advocacy methods that will help you shape and reach out with a message to intended audiences.
- The possibility to share and build knowledge in a network of experts, to inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
You can apply to SI Leader Lab if you:
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organisation or network working for gender equality.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1988–1999).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Are available to take part in all parts of the program.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the program to your team, organisation or other relevant actors.
Each application is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Drive and motivation.
- Awareness and analytical skills.
- To what extent the applicant has impact on strategic decisions within his/her organisation or network.
- To what extent the applicant’s organisation/network is driving change in the field of gender equality.
- The candidate’s possibility to both benefit from and contribute to the program.
- In the final selection, the evaluation committee will also consider group composition and will strive to put together participants with greatest possibilities for dynamic exchange and learning, as well as for continued collaboration and networking.
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the program. These are the steps in the application process:
- Download and fill out the SI Leader Lab application form
- Go to the application portal
- Upload the completed application form in English
- Upload an updated CV in English
- Upload a photo (not compulsory).
For more information, visit SI Leader Lab.