Due Date: March 1, 2019
The Swedish International Advancement Cooperation Firm (Sida) is accepting applications for the 2019 International Training Program (ITP) on Self-regulation of Media. The general goal of this program is that the individuals and their organisations need to add to the promo and security of the institutional structures which govern self-regulation of the media sector.
This ITP will add to the advancement of self-regulatory structures for the media sector, enhancing the institutional and organisational capabilities amongst appropriate media sector stakeholders and adding to nationwide reform and modification procedures. Sida has actually commissioned NIRAS Sweden AB to arrange this ITP in cooperation with International Media Assistance (IMS), FOJO Media Institute/Linnaeus University and Global Reporting Sweden AB.
This program is more than training of people. It is a full-blown capability structure program focusing on real modification towards a more effective and sustainable preparation and application of self-regulation of the media.
At the start of the program each individual will, in close cooperation with associates and managers, determine a concept that can add to the accomplishment of both the program goal and the organisation’s own methods and long-lasting objectives, in addition to improvement procedure on a nationwide level. Based upon this concept, an Improvement Job will progress as the individuals are supplied with brand-new understanding, networks and experiences throughout the course of the procedure.
The individuals interact in country-teams, supported by a nationwide facilitator in each nation, helped by worldwide professionals (thematic coaches). This assistance will be constant throughout the 5 stages of the program.
At the end of the training program the getting involved people and organisations will have gotten:
- Increased understanding about media and flexibility of expression in relation to media policy, journalism and self-regulation of the media sector.
- Prolonged expert nationwide and worldwide networks.
- Increased awareness of human rights, gender equality and security for reporters and other media stars.
- Increased understanding and capability to start a structured, long term improvement work within and outside the particular organisations.
- Sida will cover the expenses for program cost, literature, lodging, meals, medical insurance, and worldwide travel to the set up courses.
- Individuals and/or their companies are accountable for any other expenses such as:.
- individual expenditures
- visa charges
- domestic travel– in connection to worldwide travel and to conferences in stages 1, 3 and 5
- any regional airport taxes and departure charges or such
- any expenses for program work happening at the house organisation
- The program targets people that in various methods can promote requirements of self-regulation of the media sector in the particular nations.
- The program management will determine tactically essential individuals from the media sector, such as media councils, judicial organizations, independent flexibility of speech organisations, policy organizations, appropriate ministries, parliamentary committees and independent media outlets.
- In spite of the concentrate on people, the program is mostly targeting organisations and efforts will be made to develop long-lasting relationships with the essential organisations included. Such collective organisations need to want to dedicate themselves to involvement over numerous years and be prepared to comply with other organisations in the program, although they might have various viewpoints on self-regulatory structures. Capability and interest to drive modification procedures to attain long-lasting objectives is a requirement to end up being a collective organisation.
Applicants to the program need to:
- hold an essential position in their organisation, with impact on a tactical level
- have the engagement and power to start and drive modification procedures
- have high efficiency in English
- hold a pertinent scholastic degree
- be offered and inspired for active involvement through the entire training program
They aim to get a gender balance in the program, organisations are highly suggested to choose female prospects.
Qualified Nations: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Individuals can be chosen by federal government, media and civil society organisations. Connecting to an emergency of stakeholders in each nation will be especially essential for institutional modification and hence long-lasting effect.
- The application need to be composed on the unique type connected and consist of a current image.
- Make certain your application is total, proper and understandable.
- A prospect needs to be chosen by his/her organisation and the application should be signed by an authorized director/ supervisor.
- A scanned copy of the application need to be sent by email to [email protected]
- If a scanned copy is not possible, the initial application will be sent to the closest Swedish embassy/consulate.
To learn more, go to Sida International Training