Due Date: October 31, 2018
Propositions are welcomed for the 2018 Winter Season Round of the Simon Cumbers Media Fund The goal of the Simon Cumbers Media Fund is to help and promote more and much better quality media protection of advancement concerns in the Irish media. Propositions on development-related concerns are gotten out of media specialists who want to take a trip to an establishing nation to report on modern life there.
The Fund supplies media specialists with a chance to cover subjects that might otherwise go unreported, while providing a platform to the people and neighborhoods behind those stories. Propositions must fixate global advancement styles, consisting of the UN Sustainable Advancement Goals. Candidates should show the importance of their task to several of the 7 Irish Help Concern Locations for Action. These top priority locations consist of environment modification, health, human rights, hardship and water.
- The Fund is planned to cover expenses connected with media workers taking a trip to an establishing nation for the production of development-related posts or reports that would not generally be covered by a media organisation’s news spending plan.
- Open to Irish reporters and professional photographers from all media disciplines and outlets;-LRB- **************).
- Applications will be accepted for print, broadcast and online tasks, with a choice for multimedia tasks;-LRB- **************).
- Photographers might likewise get moneying to provide a photographic exhibit as part of their submission;-LRB- **************).
- Applications for photographic exhibits that support a main task will likewise be accepted, offered there is a clear photographic aspect to the primary task proposition. The candidate should plainly set out how they will utilize the exhibit to increase the reach of the task and raise understanding of advancement concerns;-LRB- **************).
- Applications exclusively for a photographic exhibit will not be thought about by the judges;-LRB- **************).
- Joint applications, for instance in between a reporter and a professional photographer, are allowed, however the candidate should show strong factors for the proposed partnership.
Judges will evaluate applications versus requirements such as creativity, the reach of the task and its possible to raise understanding of advancement concerns amongst Irish audiences.