Due Date: June 7, 2019
Applications are open for the SingularityU MENA Global Effect Difficulty 2019 The function of the SingularityU MENA GIC is to cultivate developments and start-ups that favorably affect the lives of individuals residing in the Middle East and North Africa with a capability to scale and effect a billion individuals worldwide in 10 years.
In this year’s SingularityU MENA GIC, they are concentrating on Health, Energy, Education, Farming, and Transport (HEEAT) and Fintech. Here are some essential data and reasons these are the most requiring markets to deal with for the advancement of the MENA area:
- Health: MENA area nations invest in average just 8% of their budget plans on health care.
- Energy: As innovation establishes, electrical power need grows while natural deposits are reducing.
- Education: Currently the MENA has practically 22 million kids out of school, leaving a huge of unequal connect of quality education.
- Farming: By 2050 an approximated $35 billion USD will be invested in monetary damages due to climate-related catastrophes.
- Transport: Purchasing transport will assist in the moving and import/export companies, which is essential to dealing with significant problems like hardship.
- Fintech: Despite The Fact That Egypt has the greatest population variety of MENA (95 million individuals), just 14% out of 52% of the overall variety of grownups in the nation, has a checking account.
Do you have a moonshot concept that deals with among the locations pointed out above? Can you affect the lives of millions? Send your moonshot concept to our SingularityU MENA GIC!
The top 20 shortlisted finalists of this International Effect Difficulty will be welcomed to go to a bootcamp kept in El Gouna, Egypt from July 19-24, 2019, prior to the last pitch occasion. The bootcamp will gear up the finalists with the most recent understanding within rapid innovations, and prepare them for the last pitch occasion where they will pitch in front of a panel of judges from Singularity University (SU). The finalists will work hand in hand with coaches from SU, previous GSP graduates, and other subject professionals.
- The winner of this GIC will be picked at the last pitch occasion. They will protect a complete scholarship to go to SU’s International Start-up Program (GSP).
- The GSP assists future-focused business owners change extreme concepts into concrete effect on an international scale. It’s a structured, immersive program offering startup-focused instructional resources and first-rate mentorship from SU’s professors, personnel, and market professionals– in a safe, nurturing environment. The program intends to scale start-ups into worldwide companies.
- They wish to motivate you to resolve the world’s most significant difficulties and effect the lives of a billion individuals.
- Degree of the option’s importance to the style of the obstacle
- The local importance in resolving the obstacle in the MENA area
- Job or Concept leverages rapid innovation to resolve the issue
- Expediency, practicality, and coherence of executing the concept
- Effect & engaging requirement and capacity to scale internationally
- Dedicated existing group
Application need to consist of:
- CV or resume
- Summary of achievements
- An abstract of the task concept
- Video (offer url) of the task concept
To learn more, see SingularityU MENA Global Effect Difficulty