Application Due Date: June 7, 2019
International Effect Difficulties (GICs) are yearly competitors arranged by location and style. These difficulties are an open call to business owners, leaders, researchers, and engineers with the most ingenious concepts for moonshot developments and start-ups that can favorably affect a billion individuals in 10 years.
The function of the SingularityU MENA GIC is to promote developments and.
start-ups that favorably affect the lives of individuals residing in the.
Middle East and North Africa with a capability to scale and effect a.
billion individuals worldwide in 10 years.
The difficulty is open to homeowners and residents in the MENA.
area: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman,.
Syria, Tunisia, Palestine, Yemen, Sudan, KSA, UAE, Kuwait, Iraq.
What development would you establish to fix a worldwide grand difficulty within by utilizing rapid innovation within the Health, Education, Energy, Farming, Transport, or Fintech markets
In this year’s SingularityU MENA GIC, we are concentrating on Health,.
Energy, Education, Farming, and Transport (HEEAT) and Fintech.
Here are some crucial stats and reasons these are one of the most.
requiring markets to take on for the advancement of the MENA area:
- Health: MENA area nations invest in average just 8% of their spending plans on health care.
- Energy: As innovation establishes, electrical power need grows while natural deposits are reducing.
- Education: Currently the MENA has nearly 22 million kids out of school, leaving a huge of unequal connect of quality education.
- Farming: By 2050 an approximated $35 billion USD will be invested in monetary damages due to climate-related catastrophes.
- Transport: Purchasing transport will.
help with the moving and import/export organisations, which is crucial to.
dealing with significant concerns like hardship.
- Fintech: Although Egypt has the greatest.
population variety of MENA (95 million individuals), just 14% out of 52% of.
the overall variety of grownups in the nation, has a checking account.
Do you have a moonshot concept that deals with among the locations pointed out above? Can you affect the lives of millions?
The Shortlisting Process
The top 20 shortlisted finalists of this International Effect Obstacle will be welcomed to participate in a bootcamp kept in El Gouna, Egypt from July 19-24, 2019, prior to the last pitch occasion.
Applications Close: June 7, 2019
Finalists Declared: TBD
Bootcamp: July 19-24, 2019
Live Pitch Occasion & Winners Declared: July 26,2019
For More Details: