Deadline: May 9, 2021
Applications are open for the Smart Cities Innovation Programme (SCIP) 2021. The SCIP is a 6-month accelerator aimed at supporting high-potential tech start-ups from Rwanda and other African countries operating in the field of Smart Cities. The programme is divided into 3 tracks – Smart Mobility, Smart Housing & and Fintech for Affordability – supporting 10 start-ups each.
The 30 selected start-ups will benefit from individual mentoring, training as well as intensive networking and matchmaking with international business partners and investors. SCIP is implemented in partnership with various partners — Volkswagen, Siemens, and the African Business Angels Network (ABAN) among others — to bring in highly specialised technical expertise and to build the start-ups’ networks. Start-ups will also be able to use Green City Kigali, Rwanda’s flagship smart city project, as a real application case to test their solutions and enter the Rwandan market.
- Access a network of international partners: Start-ups will be linked to international business partners, public institutions and investors.
- Get support from dedicated mentors: Start-ups will be advised by a sector specific mentor and business development mentor.
- Receive training tailored to your needs: Start-ups will receive trainings based on their identified needs, not a predefined curriculum.
- Learn from peers in your sector: Start-ups will exchange with their cohort peers in the mobility, housing or fintech sector.
SCIP aims at accelerating start-ups which have:
- Operations in one or more African countries;
- Innovative Smart City solutions (Smart Mobility, Smart Housing, Fintech);
- Launched their product or service and have customers;
- Growth and job creation potential;
- Social and/or environmental impact;
- A strong and motivated team.
To apply to the Smart Cities Innovation Programme, please fill in the application form below before May 9. If your application is selected, you will be invited to provide further information about your business and participate in an interview.