Due Date: January 6, 2019
Applications for the Social Science Research Study Council (SSRC) Dispute Research Study Fellowship 2019 are open. The Dispute Research Study Fellowship (CRF) uses yearlong assistance for skilled scholars based at a university or NGO.
The CRF becomes part of the Dispute Research Study Program (CRP), a 4 year, UK Department of International Advancement moneyed research study program based at the London School of Economics and Government that examines the motorists of violent dispute in 5 cases: Somalia, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, and Syria.
The program concentrates on methods which the political economy of public authority assists to discuss the determination and spread of violence. Effective fellowship prospects will require to take a look at how various interventions impact violent dispute and/or the danger of restored violent dispute; examine ” what works” to counter motorists of dispute; and check out the contextual aspects that impact the effectiveness of such interventions, consisting of the linkages amongst worldwide, nationwide, state, and regional level characteristics.
Effective prospects will add to the general analysis of dispute through case research studies of external interventions in 4 locations focused on by the program:
- Civil society assistance (consisting of multi-scalar peacemaking and peacebuilding activities, assistance for reconciliation, and community-level discussion and mediation)
- Security and Justice Sector reform (consisting of DDR/RR, stabilization, local security networks/arenas, transitional, official and popular justice)
- Reinforcing public authority and authenticity, consisting of at sub-national levels (the political market, the results of patronage networks on governance, governance promoting interventions, decentralization and anti-corruption activities)
- Resource management (consisting of settlement of land and realty conflicts, governance structures, and the function of natural deposit competitors in forming public authority)
Research Study Grant Propositions
The UVC has an interest in ingenious field-based jobs that show strong capacity for top quality research study and analysis, which in turn can notify useful action on dispute and/or assist in interregional partnership and networking amongst scientists and professionals.
Propositions ought to plainly explain research study goals and significance, with positioning in between research study design/method and research study concerns and objectives. Propositions ought to likewise show understanding of the research study topic and appropriate literature, and deal with the expediency of proposed research study activities, consisting of an amount of time for task conclusion. Please think about thoroughly how your research study task has the possible to add to a noise and reliable understanding base for how various interventions impact violent dispute and/or the danger of restored violent dispute. They highly motivate the addition of a short, however practical budget plan overview (keeping within the allocated quantity for the grant), to fit properly within a six-month task and the page limitation needed.
- Grants are granted on a competitive, peer-reviewed basis and are meant to support 3 months of field-based research study, whereas a going to fellowship can be supported for an optimum of 6 months. As much as 7-9 private grants of an optimum of ₤17,000 will be granted.
- Prospects need to be postdoctoral scholars, policy experts, or professionals based at a university or nongovernmental company with a minimum of 3 years of field-based experience because the conclusion of the PhD (or scientists with comparable experience who have actually released one book or more peer-reviewed scholastic short articles);-LRB- ****************).
- Applications will be thought about for the following functions just: moneying to support fieldwork, mentor buy-out at your house organization, or a going to visit at a United States or European university;-LRB- ****************).
- Research study jobs need to concentrate on the core nations of the CRF: Somalia, South Sudan, DRC, Iraq, or Syria;-LRB- ****************).
- Candidates need to likewise be readily available to participate in a preparatory workshop in New york city within the very first 2 months of their fellowship duration, and a capstone workshop towards completion of the year-long fellowship;-LRB- ****************).
- At the end of the fellowship duration, receivers need to produce an initial research study output that appropriates for publication in a peer-reviewed scholastic journal;-LRB- ****************).
- Ladies and nationals of the 5 nation cases are highly motivated to use.
The following files are needed for total application:
- Finished Application
- Finished Proposition & Bibliography
- 2 (2) Recommendation Letters
- Language assessment( s) (if needed)
- Upgraded CV
To find out more, check out SSRC Dispute Research Study Fellowship