Due Date: September 1, 2019
The Social Science Research Study Council (SSRC) and the Japan Structure Center for Global Collaboration (CGP) are delighted to reveal the yearly Abe Fellowship Program
The Abe Fellowship is developed to motivate global multidisciplinary research study on subjects of pushing worldwide issue. The program looks for to promote the advancement of a brand-new generation of scientists who have an interest in policy-relevant subjects of long-range value and who want to end up being essential members of a bilateral and worldwide research study network constructed around such subjects. It makes every effort specifically to promote a brand-new level of intellectual cooperation in between the Japanese and American scholastic and expert neighborhoods dedicated to and trained for advancing worldwide understanding and issue resolving.
Research study assistance to people is at the core of the Abe Fellowship Program. Applications are welcome from scholars and nonacademic research study specialists. The goals of the program are to promote high quality research study in the social sciences and associated disciplines, to develop brand-new collective networks of scientists around the 4 thematic foci of the program, to bring brand-new information and brand-new information resources to the attention of those scientists, and to get from them a dedication to a relative or multinational line of query.
Effective candidates will be those people whose work and interests match these program objectives. Abe Fellows are anticipated to show a long-lasting dedication to these objectives by taking part in program activities throughout their professions. Financing for the Abe Fellowship Program is offered by CGP.
Abe Fellowship Research Study Program
Candidates are welcomed to send propositions for research study in the social sciences and associated disciplines appropriate to any one or any mix of the 4 styles listed below. The styles are:
- Risks to Personal, Societal, and International Security: Particularly welcome subjects consist of food, water, and energy insecurity; pandemics; environment modification; catastrophe readiness, avoidance, and healing; and dispute, terrorism, and cyber security.
- Development and Sustainable Advancement: Particularly welcome subjects consist of worldwide monetary stability, trade imbalances and contracts, change to globalization, environment modification and adjustment, and hardship and inequality
- Social, Scientific, and Cultural Trends and Transformations: Particularly welcome subjects consist of aging and other market modification, advantages and risks of reproductive genes, gender and social exemption, growth of STEM education amongst ladies and under-represented populations, migration, rural depopulation and urbanization, effects of automation on tasks, hardship and inequality, and neighborhood strength
- Governance, Empowerment, and Involvement: Particularly welcome subjects consist of obstacles to democratic organizations, participatory governance, human rights, the altering function of NGO/NPOs, the increase of brand-new media, and federal government functions in promoting development.
Regards to the fellowship are versatile and are developed to satisfy the requirements of scientists at various phases in their professions. The program supplies Abe Fellows with a minimum of 3 and optimum of 12 months of full-time assistance over a 24- month duration. Fellowship period should start in between April 1 and December 31 of a given year. Fellowship period need not be constant, however should be concluded within 24 months of preliminary activation of the fellowship.
- The fellowship is planned to support a specific scientist, no matter whether that person is working alone or in partnership with others.
- Prospects need to propose to invest a minimum of one third of the fellowship period in home abroad in Japan or the United States. In addition, the Abe Fellowship Committee schedules the right to advise extra networking chances overseas.
- Abe Fellows will be anticipated to affiliate with an American or Japanese organization suitable to their research study. Fellowship funds might likewise be invested in extra home and fieldwork in 3rd nations as suitable to specific tasks.
- Fellows will be needed to participate in particular Abe Fellowship Program occasions.
- This competitors is open to people of the United States and Japan in addition to to nationals of other nations who can show strong and major long-lasting associations with research study neighborhoods in Japan or the United States
- Candidates should hold a PhD or the terminal degree in their field, or have actually achieved a comparable level of expert experience at the time of application
- Previous language training is not a requirement for this fellowship. Nevertheless, if the research study job needs language capability, the candidate needs to offer proof of appropriate efficiency to finish the job
- Applications from scientists in occupations besides academic community are motivated with the expectation that the item of the fellowship will add to the broader body of understanding on the subject defined
- Projects proposing to resolve essential policy problems or looking for to establish a concrete policy proposition should show nonpartisan positions
For more details, go to SSRC/CGP Abe Fellowship Program