Application Deadline: December 15th 2020
The program is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with @iBizAfrica Centre, Strathmore University.
The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide a holistic startup incubation program focusing on immersive learning, mentorship & coaching, seed financing and business to business linkages for high potential startups tackling the continent’s most relevant challenges.
Incubation Components: The methodology for the incubator program will address the following core components of business development;
Immersive Learning: Entrepreneurs undergo an in depth evaluation of the current state of their company operation. This informs the methodology of curriculum delivery meeting unique needs of each venture
Mentorship & Coaching: Inhouse mentors coaches walk the incubation journey with entrepreneurs by facilitating customized mentorship and coaching sessions addressing each company’s needs.
Access to Seed Financing: The program enables entrepreneurs to undergo rigorous preparation that allows them to effectively acquire and utilize investments in operations. The program invests 10,000 USD each, for five high potential companies in each cohort.
Business 2 Business Matching: Companies are able to access a rich network of enablers and partners within and outside the ecosystem; enabling them to create sustainable partnerships for business growth.
- The business must be based in Kenya i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics.
- The company must be founded or cofounded by a woman with an equal or majority stake.
- The founder or co founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
Companies solving for any of the 17 SDGs with operations within, but not limited to the following sectors are eligible to apply for the programme;
- Information Technology
- Financial Services
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts
- Access to B2B networking opportunities
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs
- Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists
- 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with the go-to market and scale for the top five finalists.
Successful completion of the Women in Tech Virtual Incubation Program is compulsory. If a physical meetup is necessary, government regulations on COVID-19 health measures MUST be observed.
For More Information: