Due Date: June 14, 2019
Applications are being accepted for the Structure Capability for Early Profession Liberal Arts Scholars in Africa 2019 Moneyed by The Andrew W. Mellon Structure, it is a three-year multinational program, which looks for to improve research study capability for early profession scholars in the liberal arts in Africa. The program will money the travel, real estate and other associated expenses of picked early profession liberal arts scholars from the 4 organizations to invest 4 to 6 months at one of the other partner organizations.
The goal of the task is to develop an area for scholars in the liberal arts to improve their research study program in their early profession years. The duration of stay (4 to 6 months) in the teaming up organization will permit targeted mentorship and assistance for the picked scholars by recognized senior scholars who share their research study interests, while likewise supplying an opportunity for interaction and the sharing of research study concepts and approaches with peers.
The task is distinct in numerous aspects as, unlike some existing efforts, it looks for to develop opportunities for early profession scholars to have the chance of residency in an area of Africa aside from their own or in an international north organization. Structure Capability for Early Profession Liberal Arts Scholars (BECHS-Africa) is a collaboration including 4 universities: University of Ghana, American University in Cairo, Stellenbosch University and Washington University in St. Louis, with University of Ghana as the lead Organization.
The Job supplies a 4 to six-month accessory to any of the 4 teaming up organizations. Assistance consists of the following:
- An economy return flight
- Travel Insurance Coverage
- A month-to-month stipend to cover transportation, meals, home entertainment and other incidentals
- Access to library centers at the host university
- Funds to arrange a research-focused workshop at the host University
- Mentoring from senior professors at the host organization
Effective candidates are anticipated to:
- Be in house at the host organization for 4 to 6 months
- Go to regional discussions, conferences and workshops arranged by the host organization that are of importance to the scholar’s research study
- Go to grant writing and publication workshops provided by the host university
- Arrange a workshop based upon her/his research study subject, through which the scholar will get comprehensive feedback from leading academics in the field
- Satisfy the research study and publication objectives set out in the initial application
- Offer a last report
- Acknowledge The Andrew W. Mellon Structure assistance in any subsequent publications and offer BECHS-Africa with all citations to publications arising from the residency.
To be qualified a candidate should:
- Remain in a full-time irreversible post in the liberal arts in any of the 4 teaming up organizations
- Be an early profession scholar with a record of research study and scholastic publishing
- Have a PhD that was gotten within the last 10 years (2009 or later on)
- Have an academic record of publications commensurate with profession phase or years from degree
The organizations associated with BECHS-Africa have actually been picked to offer chances for fellows to perform their residency throughout 3 areas of Africa: western, southern and northern Africa, in addition to at one organization in the United States. The organizations are all extremely ranked in the Times Greater Educational Rankings of Universities, are active in research study in the liberal arts and social sciences and have actually shown high research study output.
The choice has actually likewise been notified by the accessibility of coaches and sufficient library centers to support a robust and vibrant scholastic environment. They are:
- University of Ghana (lead organization)
- American University in Cairo
- Stellenbosch University
- Washington University in Saint Louis
Qualified prospects ought to finish the task application coversheet, which can be downloaded here The finished kind should be signed, dated, backed and sent together with the following files, integrated into a single PDF. Complete applications ought to be sent digitally through e-mail to [email protected]
- A cover letter of not more than one-page in length. The letter must consist of a quick intellectual autobiography or description of the candidate’s scholastic profession, detailing the experiences that have actually formed his/her intellectual work.
- A declaration of not more than one-page in length detailing research study and publication prepare for the residency duration. Please specify, consisting of the number and kinds of publications anticipated.
- A present curriculum vitae
- A couple of current composing samples (posts or book chapters)
In addition, the candidate must schedule an in-depth scholastic letter of recommendation from a senior coworker knowledgeable about her/his research study and profession trajectory to be sent individually to [email protected]
Total applications should be gotten by 1700 GMT on June 14,2019 Choice will be made by August 5,2019 Scholars ought to be in house at their host organizations by January/February 2020.
For additional info, please call the agent at your organization:
- University of Ghana: Samuel Agyei-Mensah, [email protected]
- American University of Cairo: Syed Maswood, [email protected]
- Stellenbosch University: Anthony Leysens, [email protected]
- Washington University in Saint Louis: Jean Allman, [email protected]
For more details, go to Structure Capability for Early Profession Liberal Arts Scholars