Due Date: September 20, 2019
Applications for Heineken Lagos Style Week’s incubator program– Style Focus Africa are formally open! Style Focus Africa is a program that is devoted to the development and promo of emerging skill in the African fashion business.
Style Focus Africa exists by Heineken Lagos Style Week in collaboration with FetsWallet, Avivere and Sunshine. Style Focus provides distinct chances for emerging skills to harness their abilities through organisation advancement workshops, innovative workshops, and mentorships. This long chance pays for 5 young designers with a few of the tools they require to grow.
For 8 years, Heineken Lagos Style Week has actually looked for to empower African style creatives by providing them with a chance to be searched, supported and granted a grant to move their organisation forward through the Style Focus Fund. Style Focus Africa has actually motivated designers to refine their skill and establish much required organisation acumen, that’s vital for developing companies that can obtain industrial success in Africa and beyond. Program individuals are offered with some mentoring, organisation and innovative workshops.
Alumni of the Style Focus Program consist of Orange Culture, Meena, Gozel Green, Mo Agusto, Titi Bello and Ejiro Amos Tafiri. Previous receivers of Style Focus Fund consist of: Emmy Kasbit– class of 2017/2018 and Cynthia Abila– class of 2018/2019 Both winners got a 5 Million Naira money grant and organisation mentorship with Avivere.
In 2015, for the very first time, Style Focus accepted applications from style creatives throughout Africa, making the program available to creatives beyond Nigeria. The 2018/2019 program consisted of finalists from Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Rwanda. These 5 designers will likewise be revealing at the Heineken Lagos Style Week runway in October
We comprehend the obstacles that featured developing an effective style organisation and making it competitive on an international scale. We are devoted to supplying the needed tools required to flourish to the people that go through Style Focus Africa.
— commented Creator and Executive Director, Omoyemi Akerele.
- Eligibility to look for the #LagosFW Style Focus Fund
- Fellowship in Paris assisted in by Africa Style Fund
- Company and Imaginative Abilities Workshop
- Company and Imaginative Mentoring
- Chance to display at Lagos Style Week in 2020
- Access to market chances
Applications available to all brand names throughout Africa. Choice committee screens candidates to advance to the next round.
- Designers should have a minimum of 2 years working experience
- Designers will be needed to send out moodboards and sketches of their operate in addition to physical samples
- Designers should have existing points of sale
- Designers should can establishing and providing a complete collection
- Stage 1: Applications and Screening ( August 26 th– September 20 th, 2019)– Applications available to all brand names throughout Africa. Choice committee screens candidates to advance to the next round.
Stage 2: Semi Finalists Presentations ( October 24 th, 2019)–15 semi-finalists welcomed to provide their collections throughout a one on one session with the choice committee at Lagos Style Week.
10 brand names are gotten rid of.
- Stage 3: Style Focus Finalists ( January 2020)– The Style Focus 5 for 2019– 2020 are revealed.
All applications got will be evaluated. 10 (10) shortlisted candidates will be welcomed to provide their work to a choice panel at Lagos Style Week in 2020.
The 5 Finalists for the Style Focus Africa 2019/20 session will be revealed and program will start December 2019/ January 2020.
To find out more, see Style Focus Africa