Deadline: February 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarship 2018 at TU Delft in the Netherlands. These scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology.
The Global Initiative aims to support capacity building in the Global South and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft. TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships every year. From the students, TU Delft and Global Initiative expect that they are willing to act as their ambassadors during their studies and after graduation.
- Scholarship covers full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme and living expenses for 2 years. €25,000 per year for Sub-Saharan students;
- Membership to the Scholarship club giving access to personal development, workshops, seminars, etc.;
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative;
- Be an ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Open to students admitted to one of TU Delft’s MSc programmes with an accumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in your bachelor’s degree;
- Applicants should have a degree from an accredited university in one of the mentioned countries.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, visit Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships.