Deadline: April 29, 2022
Applications are open for the Sue Palminteri WildTech Reporting Fellowship 2022. This Fellowship is an excellent opportunity for journalists to apply their skills to write stories about conservation technology-related research at Mongabay.
Over the course of the part-time, six-month program, the WildTech Reporting Fellow will work directly with Mongabay editors to develop their writing skills and publish a series of their stories on Mongabay’s independent news platform, which has over four million global readers every month.
Fellow will receive a $5,000 honorarium for the duration of the program.
Other benefits include:
- Publishing experience in a high-profile news outlet
- Learning about journalistic programs and processes at Mongabay
- Becoming part of a community of passionate and talented writers
- Coaching and support:
- Meet and greet training session via Skype and Q&A with Mongabay staff
- Working with different editors and receiving guidance and feedback
- Developing writing skills
- Developing interviewing skills
- Resume building
- Mongabay letters of reference and personal recommendations
- Open to journalists around the world
- Possess excellent command of written and spoken English
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a self-motivator
- Passionate about environmental subjects
- Have a strong positive attitude
- Be coachable and open to learning
- Have strong values – personally and professionally
- Possess problem-solving skills
- Interest in conservation technology
Applicants are required to submit the following documents (have these items prepared before beginning the application process):
- Cover letter
- Indicate why you are interested and what values & skills you can contribute to Mongabay.
- Indicate whether you have previous experience in conservation technology or related fields. If you don’t, please explain what compelled you to apply for this opportunity.
- Submit a writing sample from a journal entry or blog article (600 words max.) or you can choose one from the following three articles to complete a writing sample
- Optional: submit an additional writing sample of your own.
For more information, visit WildTech Reporting Fellowship.