Due Date: March 25, 2019
The SVRI welcomes applications for bursaries to participate in the SVRI Online Forum 2019— the sixth worldwide conference. SVRI Online forum is the world’s crucial research study conference on violence versus females and other types of violence driven by gender inequality in low and middle-income nations.
SVRI Online Forum 2019’s focus is on research study working to comprehend and redress injustice amongst susceptible populations to make sure no-one is left; research study on violence versus females and linkages to violence versus kids, understanding the SDGs and research study for social modification and worldwide motions. SVRI Online forum is where scientists, policy-makers, funders and specialists come together to create services for ending violence versus females and women. By taking part in SVRI Online forum you will develop your understanding, produce partnerships, broaden your network, and distribute understanding to crucial decision-makers in the field of violence versus females.
The total goals of the bursaries are to:
- Make sure reasonable gain access to, variety, equity, and addition of scientists based in low- and middle-income nations ( LMIC) at the SVRI Online Forum 2019
- Foster an area for shared discussion through networking at the conference
- Build capability of young specialists to reinforce the quality of their deal with violence versus females, violence versus kids and other types of violence driven by gender inequalities.
A restricted variety of complete or partial bursaries are readily available. A bursary might cover all or a few of the following:
Registration cost for the conference (consists of access to all sessions and exhibits leaving out pre-conference workshops);-LRB- **********).
Travel (pre-paid air travel at the most affordable fare readily available, from the nearby worldwide airport);-LRB- **********).
Lodging near the Cape Town Convention Centre;-LRB- **********).
Modest everyday living allowance of R120 each day throughout of the conference (22-24 October).
This year the SVRI will support 2 kinds of bursaries to the Online forum:
- The SVRI Online Forum Young Professionals Program: The SVRI Young Professionals Program supplies a chance for young abstract submitters (aged 30 years and more youthful) based in low- and middle-income nations to get assistance on establishing their discussions for the conference, and where readily available, assistance participation to the occasion. The program is focused on young scientists from resource restricted settings who do not have access to chances of going to conferences and providing conference discussions.
- Open Bursaries: A restricted variety of open bursaries are likewise readily available consisting of bursaries that will support:.
- SVRI Online Forum 2019 program: This bursary will prioritise abstract speakers from LMICs for oral and science pitch discussions.
- SVRI Online Forum 2019 by participation: This bursary is for basic delegates going to the Online forum. Please keep in mind that choice will be offered to delegates adding to the SVRI Online Forum 2019 program.
- Subject particular: Donor particular financed bursaries for specialists dealing with a particular subject, for instance, mental violence/emotional abuse.
- There is no age limitation for the Open Bursaries. Nevertheless, for the SVRI Online Forum Young Professionals Program, candidates need to be 30 years of age or more youthful.
Applicants have actually sent an abstract for SVRI Online forum 2019.
Candidates need to ideally have actually released in grey or peer-reviewed literature, blog sites, news article or articles/written pieces on social networks.
Candidates have not participated in a previous SVRI Online forum “Abstract Mentoring Program” or got an open bursary in the past to participate in the SVRI Online forum.
Prior To the SVRI Online Forum 2019:
Bursary receivers should have legitimate travel files and are accountable for acquiring suitable travel approvals to participate in the conference. They should likewise cover the expenses of their visas– unless concurred otherwise ahead of time with the conference organisers.
Bursary receivers might be held accountable for any/all cost sustained if recipient does not participate in the conference. Cancellations should be interacted 1 month prior to the occasion to prevent liability expenses.
Top priority will be offered to candidates from low- and middle-income nations, with choice offered to people in LMICs who have actually sent an abstract that has actually been accepted for discussion at the Online forum.
Bursary receivers should supply a letter from their organisations or organizations verifying that they can participate in the conference. (Self-employed receivers are not needed to send this).
Applications should consist of a brief CV
Throughout the SVRI Online Forum 2019:
Bursary receivers will be needed to participate in an opening satisfy and welcome, and a post-conference conversation. More info will be supplied by the conference organisers.
Bursary receivers will be asked to supply an article of their knowing and experience at the SVRI Online Forum 2019 and supply a short-written summary of a couple of parallel sessions at the Online forum. Online forum organisers will interact straight with you in this regard.
Bursary receivers will be accountable for their own everyday costs, travel insurance coverage and expenses sustained for this.
Bursary receivers will be needed to serve as SVRI Online forum Ambassadors through live tweeting of sessions, and sharing posts and pictures on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. A social networks strategy will be shown you prior to the occasion.
Bursary receivers will get Standards of Behaviour for the conference and will be anticipated to honour this.
The SVRI Online forum organisers think about the security and wellness of our bursary receivers a concern and routine debriefing will be arranged. The Online forum will use delegates with areas to show and recommendation services where required. More info will be supplied in info packs.
Kindly complete the following online submission by 25 th March2019 Submissions should be made online. The online submission will need you to either upload and/ or supply the following info:
One assistance letter from the your organisation or organization where you are currently working or studying.
In no greater than one page or 500 words, please inspire:
Why you need to be thought about for the Young Professionals Program. Please offer a brief description of how participation at the conference might develop your networks; advance your profession; and advance your understanding or research study in the location of violence versus females, violence versus kids and other types of violence driven by gender inequalities.
What will you do at the Online forum to accomplish the above?
Kindly finish the application by 25 th March 2019 11: 59 pm SAST. For any questions, contact at [email protected]
For additional information, see SVRI Online Forum