Application Due Date: 7th May 2019
Are you a civil society leader in South Asia or the MENA area? Are you working for a more gender equivalent world? SI Leader Laboratory is a program for supporters of gender equality who want to grow in their function while checking out brand-new tools and kinds for cooperation. Apply to SI Leader Laboratory if you wish to grow as a leader, establish your advocacy abilities and share understanding in a network of inspiring peers.
SI Leader Laboratory 2019 will combine 60 young prominent civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA area and Sweden who are active supporters of gender equality. The overarching goal is to reinforce leaders who are working for serene and inclusive societies.
The program is a chance for you to establish your advocacy.
abilities and deal with tactical outreach within your focus location. It’s likewise.
a chance to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form brand-new.
connections and to check out ingenious tools and approaches with peers.
operating in a comparable context.
SI Leader Laboratory is a mixed knowing program that runs over 8.
months, blending online conferences with 2 different assemblies in Sweden.
Operate in smaller sized knowing groups based upon area and thematic focus will.
be integrated with sessions that consist of all individuals. The training is.
based on experience-based and collective knowing and will enable.
you to check out genuine obstacles and locations of advancement for your own.
organisation in an ingenious and helpful environment.
The program is as much about individual as expert advancement.
It has to do with growing as an individual with restored self-confidence and insights,.
and growing as a leader with brand-new tools, approaches and viewpoints.
The specific knowledge and experience of the individuals will mainly figure out the subjects that we deal with. The following more comprehensive problems, nevertheless, will be main: value-based management and group advancement; reliable advocacy approaches; and, how to work effectively with and within networks. The training will be performed with a rights-based technique.
You can use to SI Leader Laboratory if you:
- Have a leading position (official or casual) in a civil society organisation or network working for gender equality.
- Operate in a collective setting, where you have a management function (official or casual).
- Are in between 22 and 32 years of ages ( born 1987–1997).
- Have a great working understanding of both composed and spoken English.
- Are a person of Algeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India,.
Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri.
Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Are offered to participate in all parts of the program.
- Are prepared to forward proficiencies and understanding you acquire from the.
program to your group, organisation or other pertinent stars.
SI Leader Laboratory will provide you:
- Individual insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group advancement.
- A chance to check out reliable advocacy approaches that will assist you form and connect with a message to designated audiences.
- The possibility to share and develop understanding in a network of specialists, to influence each other and share experiences on typical obstacles.
- Insights on how to broaden your networks– and how to utilize networks as assistance in your work.
Expenses covered and set up by Swedish Institute
- Training and material
- Lodging, food and domestic transportation throughout the program
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 3 in Sweden
- Insurance coverage covering severe disease and mishap when in Sweden
- Visa expenses
Expenses covered and set up by you
- Domestic travel/ airport transfer in your house nation
The program, topped 8 months, mix online conferences with.
3 weeks of extreme training divided into 2 different assemblies in.
- Kick-off online (September 2019)
- Module 1: 2 weeks onsite in Stockholm, Sweden. 6–19 October 2019
- Module 2: Online sessions and execution. November 2019– February 2020.
- Module 3: 10 days in Sweden (area to be verified). 23 March– 2 April 2020
The program in Sweden will be with full-day schedule and numerous night activities. Picked individuals will need to devote to taking part in all activities.
candidates who have actually sent a total application will be thought about.
for the program. These are the actions in the application procedure:
- Download and complete the Leader Laboratory application
- Go to the application website
- Upload the finished application in English, including your contact information and the contact information of 2 recommendation individuals
- Upload an upgraded CV in English
- Upload a recommendation letter *
- Upload a picture (elective).
* The recommendation letter (no greater than 500 words) must be.
from an individual who understands your operate in the field of gender equality. The.
letter ought to inspire your involvement in the program with.
recommendation to the choice requirements; the letter ought to ideally remain in.
English however might likewise be sent in French or Arabic. We choose that.
you utilize our design template for the recommendation letter, however it’s not.
compulsory. Design templates are offered in English, French and Arabic
We might get in touch with the recommendation individuals of the candidates who are chosen.
for an interview. We just require a recommendation letter from among.
the recommendation individuals.
For Additional Information: