The Fellowship is provided to ladies researchers from Science and Innovation Lagging Countries (STLCs) to carry out PhD research study in the Natural, Engineering and Infotech sciences at a host institute in the South.
The program is administered with funds kindly supplied by the Swedish International Advancement Cooperation Firm (Sida) and is provided in collaboration with host institutes throughout the establishing world.
The basic function of the fellowship program is to add to the development of a brand-new generation of ladies leaders in science and innovation, and to promote their efficient involvement in the clinical and technological advancement of their nations.
Chance Focus Locations:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Astronomy, Area and Earth Sciences
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Chemical Sciences
- Computing and Infotech
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
optimum 4 years.
- a full-time fellowship (optimum 4 years ), where the research study is carried out completely at a host institute in another establishing nation in the South.
- a sandwich fellowship, where the prospect needs to be a signed up PhD trainee in her house nation and carries out part of her research studies at a host institute in another establishing nation.
The sandwich fellowship is granted for a minimum of 1 and an optimum of 3 research study sees at the host institute. The minimum period of the very first go to is 6 months. The overall variety of months invested at the host institute can not surpass 20 months. The financing duration can not surpass 4 years.
( Completely Moneyed)
- A month-to-month allowance to cover standard living costs such as lodging and meals while in the host nation
- An unique allowance to go to worldwide conferences throughout the duration of the fellowship
- A return ticket from the house nation to the host institute for the concurred research study duration
- Visa costs
- Yearly medical insurance coverage contribution
- The chance to go to local science interactions workshops, on a competitive basis
- Research study charges (consisting of tuition and registration charges) in contract with the selected host institute
SYRIA, PALESTINE, SUDAN, YEMEN, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
To be qualified for SIDA PhD Fellowships for Women Researchers from Science and Innovation Lagging Countries 2019, candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
- Please keep in mind that a candidate, at the time of application, should NOT have an active research study grant or fellowship with The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) or have actually currently sent an application for a TWAS program within the exact same given year
- The minimum certification is an MSc degree in among the above listed research study fields.
- Host institutes should be found in an establishing nation in the South (not the prospect’s house nation). A list of suggested institutes is offered here Other institutes, not consisted of in the link above, will likewise be thought about if they show suitable resources and know-how.
- Prospects must determine a host institute outside their house country.They can determine an additional 2 host institutes if wanted.
- Prospects who are currently on website in the host nation will not normally be thought about qualified.
- Prospects should validate that they plan to go back to their house nation as quickly as possible after conclusion of the fellowship.
Appli cation Directions:
Prospects should send a PhD research study proposition overview (max 2.000 words) which must be a summed up description of the PhD research study proposition.
Standards for composing an excellent research study proposition overview are offered here
Prospects are welcomed to study thoroughly these standards and guarantee that their proposition is well structured and clear. The job proposition is offered specific attention at choice.
Prospects should send copies of:
- ِAll university degree certificates; and all university-issued records, showing all courses and grades.
- Prospects should send their total CV (consisting of a list of publications, if offered).
- Prospects should send an initial approval letter from a minimum of one host institute.
- The letter should be signed by the head of department or by the postgraduate research studies organizer.
- The research study beginning date on the initial approval letter should be the year following the application (e.g. if you request a fellowship in 2018 the approval letter must show the beginning date as 2019).
- The sample offered here should be utilized for the preparation of this file.
- Prospects should send a letter of dedication from the potential host manager validating that the host institute has the resources (e.g. bench charges, lab devices) needed to carry out the job.
- The letter must likewise explain why the host institute is suitable for the topic of research study and validate the manager’s interest in dealing with the prospect.
- Prospects should send 2 recommendation letters from senior researchers acquainted with their work.
- For SANDWICH prospects just: please note that the house PhD manager can not be among the 2 referees.
- Prospects should send a scanned copy of the passport page, which consists of individual information (picture, file number and so on).
Prospects making an application for a SANDWICH research study plan must, in addition, send likewise the following files:
- Sandwich prospects should send the Registration and No objection certificate prepared by the house institute validating that the prospect is a PhD signed up trainee which there is no objection to her studying at the selected host institute abroad.
- Sandwich prospects should send a supporting declaration, ready and signed by the house manager on letter-headed paper. The manager must:
- state that he/she wants to support the prospect endeavor part of her research studies at the host institute abroad; and explain how the research study go to abroad will impact/benefit the prospect’s research study job.
To understand more about SIDA PhD Fellowships for Women Researchers from Science and Innovation Lagging Countries 2019, please go to main site: