Due Date: February 14, 2019
Are you a skilled and enthusiastic resident of South Africa and wish to study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded scholarship? Apply to the Swedish Institute Scholarships for South Africa. Approximately 10 scholarships will be granted to South African people participating in master’s research studies beginning in the fall term 2019.
The scholarship is meant for full-time 1 year or two-year master’s programs, and is just granted for programs beginning in the fall term. The scholarship is approved for one scholastic year (2 terms) at a time. It will be extended for programs longer than 2 terms, supplied that the trainee has actually passed his/her courses/credits.
The scholarship covers
- Tuition costs: straight paid to the Swedish university by SI
- Living costs of SEK 10,000/ month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 The travel grant is a one-time payment for the whole scholarship duration. The grant is not appropriate to trainees currently residing in Sweden.
- Insurance coverage versus health problem and mishap
- Subscription of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)– a platform to grow expertly and construct your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Subscription of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship duration– a platform for ongoing networking and additional expert advancement
- Just people of South Africa are qualified for SISSA
- Have actually finished bachelor’s with honours or comparable from a South African university, and
- Selecting research study programs with a focus on among the following disciplines (noted in alphabetical order, no concern or ranking is indicated):.
- Computer technology and IT
- Style (commercial style, architecture, urban/regional preparation)
- Ecological technology/Sustainable advancement
- Gender research studies
- Public health
The obligatory files needed are:
- An inspiration letter: You should utilize the SISSA type for inspiration letter 2019/2020 You require to complete and publish the inspiration letter as a PDF-file on the application website throughout the application duration.
- A RÃ©sumÃ© (CV): You should utilize the SISSA design template for CV 2019/2020 and the CV must not go beyond 3 pages. It depends on you to choose which parts matter for your application. Extra pages will not be thought about.
- A copy of your passport: your individual information consisting of name, citizenship and photo should be proven. Copy of passport must be consisted of together with the CV as a last 4th page. It is your duty to guarantee that you have a copy of your legitimate passport revealing that your citizenship is South Africa, to consist of in your application.
Work and management experience is not a requirement for people of South Africa who use to SISSA. Nevertheless, it will be a benefit if you have actually shown work and management experience. In this case, please utilize the types to offer a couple of letters of referral and evidence of work and management experience.
- A couple of letters of referral: You should utilize the SISSA type for letter of referral 2019/2020 The letter can be based upon any kinds of work you had. The letters ought to be signed by the referee and marked with main stamp of the referred organisation or a notary workplace. The type( s) ought to be typed, then printed, signed and marked; and after that be submitted as one PDF-file.
- Evidence of work and management experience: You should utilize the SISSA type for evidence of work and management experience 2019/2020 The experience must be signed by the referee and marked with main stamp of the referred organisation or a notary workplace. The type( s) ought to be typed, then printed, signed and marked; and after that be submitted as one PDF-file.
To use, you should have made an application for a Master’s program in between October 1, 2018– January 15,2019 Then proceed and make an application for the SI Scholarships for South Africa
To find out more, go to SISSA