Due Date: May 7, 2019
Applications for the Swedish Institute– SI Leader Laboratory 2019 are now open. The SI Leader Laboratory is a brand-new management program for supporters of gender equality who wish to grow in their function and check out brand-new tools and kinds for cooperation.
SI Leader Laboratory 2019 will combine 60 young prominent civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA area and Sweden who are active supporters of gender equality. The overarching goal is to enhance leaders who are working for serene and inclusive societies.
Are you a civil society leader in South Asia or the MENA area? Are you working for a more gender equivalent world? SI Leader Laboratory is a program for supporters of gender equality who want to grow in their function while checking out brand-new tools and kinds for cooperation. Apply to SI Leader Laboratory if you wish to grow as a leader, establish your advocacy abilities and share understanding in a network of inspiring peers.
The program is a chance for you to establish your advocacy abilities and deal with tactical outreach within your focus location. It’s likewise a chance to grow as a leader, exchange experiences, form brand-new connections and to try ingenious tools and techniques with peers operating in a comparable context.
SI Leader Laboratory is a combined knowing program that runs over 8 months, blending online conferences with 2 different assemblies in Sweden. Operate in smaller sized knowing groups based upon area and thematic focus will be integrated with sessions that consist of all individuals. The training is established on experience-based and collective knowing and will permit you to check out genuine obstacles and locations of advancement for your own organisation in an ingenious and helpful environment.
The program is as much about individual as expert advancement. It has to do with growing as an individual with restored self-confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with brand-new tools, techniques and point of views.
The specific proficiency and experience of the individuals will mainly identify the subjects that they deal with. The following more comprehensive problems, nevertheless, will be main: value-based management and group advancement; reliable advocacy techniques; and, how to work effectively with and within networks. The training will be performed with a rights-based method.
SI Leader Laboratory will provide you:
- Individual insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group advancement.
- A chance to check out reliable advocacy techniques that will assist you form and connect with a message to desired audiences.
- The possibility to share and construct understanding in a network of professionals, to motivate each other and share experiences on typical obstacles.
- Insights on how to broaden your networks– and how to utilize networks as assistance in your work.
- Training and material
- Lodging, food and domestic transportation throughout the program
- Flight tickets to and from module 1 and 3 in Sweden
- Insurance coverage covering severe disease and mishap when in Sweden
- Visa expenses
You can use to SI Leader Laboratory if you:
- Have a leading position (official or casual) in a civil society organisation or network working for gender equality.
- Operate in a collective setting, where you have a management function (official or casual).
- Are in between 22 and 32 years of ages ( born 1987–1997).
- Have an excellent working understanding of both composed and spoken English.
- Are a person of Algeria, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Are readily available to participate in all parts of the program.
- Are prepared to forward proficiencies and understanding you get from the program to your group, organisation or other pertinent stars.
Please keep in mind that they are unable to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
The program, topped 8 months, mix online conferences with 3 weeks of extreme training divided into 2 different assemblies in Sweden:
- Kick-off online (September 2019)
- Module 1: 2 weeks onsite in Stockholm, Sweden. 6–19 October 2019
- Module 2: Online sessions and execution. November 2019– February 2020.
- Module 3: 10 days in Sweden (place to be verified). 23 March– 2 April 2020
The program in Sweden will be with full-day schedule and a number of night activities. Chosen individuals will need to devote to taking part in all activities.
Just candidates who have actually sent a total application will be thought about for the program. These are the actions in the application procedure:
- Download and submit the Leader Laboratory application
- Go to the application website
- Upload the finished application in English, including your contact information and the contact information of 2 referral individuals
- Upload an upgraded CV in English
- Upload a recommendation letter *
- Upload a picture (elective).
* The recommendation letter (no greater than 500 words) need to be from an individual who understands your operate in the field of gender equality. The letter must inspire your involvement in the program with referral to the choice requirements; the letter must ideally remain in English however might likewise be sent in French or Arabic. They choose that you utilize your design template for the recommendation letter, however it’s elective. Design templates are readily available in English, French and Arabic They might get in touch with the referral individuals of the candidates who are picked for an interview. They just require a recommendation letter from among the referral individuals.
For additional information, see SI Leader Laboratory