Application Due Date: 5: 00 pm on November 30 th, 2018 (Pacific Time Zone).
Symantec is accepting applications for the 2019 Fellowship Program. Award choices will be made in January 2019.
Symantec will award Symantec Research study Labs (SRL) Graduate Fellowships to impressive Ph.D. trainees who satisfy the eligibility requirements noted below. An essential objective of the program is to money ingenious research study that has real-world worth, in locations where Symantec performs service. Subjects of interest consist of:
- Personal Privacy and Identity: Applied and unique cryptographic plans and other strategies for personal privacy and identity-protection goals such as permission, proven claims, trust, privacy, common and functional file encryption, and privacy-preserving analytics with strong assurances.
- Security: Attain security goals for systems, networks, mobile phones, web of things, information centers and cloud, through such systems as relied on hardware, protected shows languages, security by style, risk and malware characterization, and auditing and deceptiveness strategies.
- Artificial intelligence and information mining: Scalable approaches such as chart and time-series analyses, anomaly detection, natural language processing, online knowing, and dispersed design training, in assistance of the security and systems locations discussed above, along with effectiveness, interpretability, personal privacy, and responsibility of ML systems.
- Human Elements: Applications of psychology, sociology, sociology, behavioral economics, human-computer interaction, linguistics, and other human sciences to security and personal privacy. These consist of usage of innovation for social excellent, reliable personal privacy, security, and identity theft alerts, and both human-assisted AI and AI-assisted human beings.
- The SRL Graduate Fellowship offers as much as $20,00 0 USD that might be utilized to cover one year of the trainee’s tuition costs and to repay expenditures sustained by the trainee to engage into research study cooperation with Symantec, such as conference registration costs, travel expenditures, hardware, and so on. If the fellowship is to cover tuition, this part of the award will be made through the university.
- A 2nd part of the award is a employed internship with Symantec that we prepare to use to all fellowship receivers. Interns will generally work straight with Symantec Research study Labs at one of our areas (Culver City, CA, U.S.A.; Mountain View, CA, U.S.A.; Dublin, Ireland; Sophia-Antipolis, France) or with another group within Symantec. Each recipient is coupled with a coach from Symantec
- A coach is a leading scientist or engineer who can offer continuous technical assistance on the recipient’s research study throughout graduate training along with throughout an internship at Symantec.
To Learn More: