Due Date: September 26, 2019
Are you a young adult with a strong originality? Are you devoted to changing society for the much better? As modification speeds up in every part of the nation, with it comes essential ramifications for individuals and the world. Now is a remarkable time to be a young changemaker.
T-Mobile, the T-Mobile Structure and Ashoka are collaborating once again this year to begin the Changemaker Difficulty 2019 This yearly across the country contest provides guiding young leaders the phase. It’s a chance to take your concepts for producing more linked, sustainable and inclusive neighborhoods and make them a truth. Groups can go into the Difficulty for the opportunity to get seed financing and an on-site Changemaker Laboratory experience at T-Mobile HQ.
This year, they are searching for vibrant concepts in the following locations:
- Innovation– Concepts and services that make innovation a force for great. Examples of concepts you might send consist of however are not restricted to:.
- Develop a neighborhood of females in engineering to increase representation
- Establish an app that enables youths to discover totally free Wi-Fi in their community to enhance gain access to
- Develop a platform that shares resources and chances to support very first generation university student
- Environment– Concepts and services that enhance the health of our world. Examples of concepts you might send consist of however are not restricted to:.
- Redistribute unused food from regional schools and dining establishments to feed those in requirement
- Develop a company committed to promoting green energy and minimizing regional reliance on nonrenewable fuel sources
- Decrease clothes waste by gathering and up-cycling tee shirts
- Education– Concepts and services that sustain all kinds of finding out both in and beyond class. Examples of concepts you might send consist of however are not restricted to:.
- A program that promotes a more inclusive environment for trainees with unique requirements in basic education
- Develop an in-school program that links trainees with innovation resources to assist bridge the Digital Divide
- Establish a video game needing team effort to construct more powerful social psychological abilities
Awards and Advantages
- In November, T-Mobile will reveal the Leading 30 groups– 10 from each of the 3 classifications. Each group will get $2,000 seed financing and an all-expenses-paid journey to T-Mobile’s Bellevue, Wash., head office in December for the Changemaker Laboratory, a three-day immersive experience in which groups will get mentorship from T-Mobile executives, abilities training from Ashoka and network chances with other remarkable groups.
- From the Leading 30 groups, the very best in each of the 3 classifications will get $3,000 extra (for a $5,000 overall) seed financing and the chance to pitch their tasks to senior management groups of T-Mobile and the T-Mobile Structure.
- From the 3 Classification Finalist groups, one chosen grand reward winner will get $5,000 MORE seed financing (for an overall $10,000) and a SECOND all-expenses-paid journey back to T-Mobile’s HQ for additional hands-on mentorship to continue supercharging their concepts.
- From the T-Mobile Household Difficulty candidates, 3 Classification Winners will be chosen. They will likewise be welcomed to the Changemaker Laboratory at T-Mobile head office and get $2,000 in seed financing. One group will likewise be chosen as the Grand Reward winner to get $3,000 extra seed financing (for a $5,000 overall) and the chance to pitch their concept to senior management.
- Individuals need to be in between the ages of 13 to 23 by December 1, 2019 and be a homeowner of the United States or Puerto Rico;-LRB- **************).
- Entries need to remain in among the locations of interest: Innovation, Environment, Education;-LRB- **************).
- One application per effort and per individual will be accepted;-LRB- **************).
- 2 individuals (plus a chaperone if under 18) per winning group will take a trip for the Changemaker Laboratory;-LRB- **************).
- Previous 30 Winners from the Changemaker Difficulty 2018 are not qualified;-LRB- **************).
- If you used in 2015 and were not one of the 30 winning groups, you can re-apply.
- Applications can be sent just in English;-LRB- **************).
- Workers of T-MOBILE U.S.A., INC. or T-Mobile Puerto Rico, LLC, their moms and dad business, affiliates and subsidiaries, joint endeavors, taking part marketing and promo companies are just qualified to contend in the particular difficulty in location for those people with official ties to T-Mobile. One can request this difficulty by choosing the choice marked “Yes” for the concern “Are you utilized by T-Mobile or associated to a worker of T-Mobile?” when finishing the application.
The choice committee will be searching for Changemakers who offer strong responses to a series of concerns about what your effort does, how it runs, and your changemaking story. Keep in mind, they are searching for ingenious and innovative concepts at all phases of advancement, which suggests it can be a young concept, or a completely baked one!
Entries will be assessed on the following requirements:
- Changemaker Quality: You determine as a Changemaker and are currently taking actions to make a genuine distinction, huge or little.
- Imagination: Whether you’re dealing with a brand-new difficulty or bringing a various point of view to an existing issue, you’re doing it in a fresh and ingenious manner in which challenges the standard.
- Dedication: You’re prepared to support your job and leave an enduring effect. You might have drawn up a complete strategy or might simply remain in the concept phase, however you are prepared to exceed a one-time activity to make a distinction in the future.
- Connection: You are concentrated on making a distinction in a neighborhood that is close to you and your experiences. You are open to getting in touch with others and interacting to resolve the issue you appreciate.
For additional information, check out T-Mobile Changemaker Difficulty