Deadline: August 16, 2018
Applications are invited for the T-TRIID Funding Competition for Transport Research 2018. The competition will fund short projects supporting innovative ideas that enable safer and more efficient transport in countries across low income countries of Africa and South Asia.
The Transport-Technology Research Innovation for International Development (T-TRIID) Fund sponsored by DFID High Volume Transport research programme supports individuals and organisations to identify and share innovative concepts and solutions to the challenges facing transport sector. T-TRIID is not about ideas but about making those ideas happen.
Projects should aim to address transport challenges (could be technical, operational or policy) across the following themes:
- Long distance strategic road and rail transport
- Urban transport
- Low carbon transport
- Gender, accessibility and inclusion (particularly the disabled) in High Volume Transport
- Up to 10 projects are expected to receive funding of around £30,000
- Open to all types of businesses including start-ups, small businesses and research organisations from any country in the world
- Participation from low-income countries is particularly encouraged. However, the project itself should aim to address transport challenges in one or more of the following beneficiary countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Yemen and Zambia
- Collaborations across companies and from within beneficiary countries are encouraged and will gain extra credit in the assessment.
Register your interest to receive further information about the competition and an invitation to join a webinar to learn more about this competition.
For more information, visit T-TRIID Competition.