Application Deadline: September 7, 2018.
The Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy (TIMEP) is currently accepting applications for its Nonresident Fellowship Program. TIMEP nonresident fellows contribute to TIMEP’s mission to inform international policymakers and influence global policy discussions on developments in the Middle East and North Africa.
The program seeks applicant proposals for nonresident fellows, who will contribute to TIMEP’s mission through development of research, analysis, and policy advisement in coordination with the TIMEP team. Potential fellows should be mid-career professionals with demonstrated expertise and commitment to TIMEP’s mission and principles.
TIMEP’s mission places great importance on the value of bringing local perspectives to policy discussions; thus, preference will be given to those living or working in the region.
The fellowship term will have a duration of six months, with review of the terms of agreement at the conclusion of the six-month period. The position is a nonresident position, with preference for a fellow with local presence in the region. The fellow will receive a stipend commensurate with experience.
Areas of Interest
TIMEP is particularly interested in applicants with expertise in the fields of:
- Egypt Security Sector
- Business and Finance in MENA
- Libya Security or Justice
- Syria Rights and Accountability
- At least five years of relevant work or academic experience in a field related to the proposed area of study
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with preference given to those who have graduate research experience
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, with working proficiency in Arabic
- Demonstrated commitment to TIMEP’s mission and principles
How to Apply
To apply, candidates should submit the following:
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Cover letter: The cover letter should indicate the candidate’s desired area of focus and relevance to TIMEP’s mission.
- Plan of work: The plan of work should consist of no more than two pages, indicating a general description of research, advocacy, or action initiatives with specific outputs to be developed over a six-month period that align with TIMEP’s current analysis, research, and/or projects. These may include desired meetings to be held, field research, reports, analysis pieces, events, workshops to be organized or attended, or other relevant proposals.
- Writing sample
All application materials should be submitted in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 7, 2018.
For More Information: