Deadline: August 10, 2021
The Taipei International Design Award (TIDA) 2021 is now open for entries. They are looking for outstanding and original design work from all around the world.
Taipei City Government organizes the Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”, as an on-going gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design, a gesture in projecting the urban branding imagery of “Design Taipei; Dream Taipei”.
Here is an open call for outstanding international designs and an effort to shape Taipei into a convergence platform for creative designs, thereby to discover creative designs with business potential, and further still, to encourage practices of social design in an advocacy that design as a medium can bring humans a better, more pleasant and convenient life.
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN: Industrial design refers to design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, Transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
- VISUAL COMMUNICATION DESIGN: Visual communication includes designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing.
- PUBLIC SPACE DESIGN: Open space provided for public use, government buildings, and private establishments that are partially provided for public use.
- This year’s total prize money is up to NT 3.8 million including NT 600K for the grand prize -Taipei City Mayor Award.
- Aside from the cash prize, winners will also receive a trophy and a certificate of recognition; the Sponsors Award, and Distinction winners will receive a certificate of recognition.
- Everyone around the world are welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as main correspondent.
- Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after May 10, 2019.
|Applicability||Use of new materials to reduce pollution and solve daily life hasslesUser-friendlyLevel of commercializationThe industrial design category will be selected based on the completeness and feasibility of the production plan of the work.|
|Functionality||Innovative application of functions, materials and techniquesSophistication of design works|
|Aesthetics||Visual attraction and aesthetical interpretation|
- Award winners will be announced at the award ceremony and on the event’s website.
- The venue will be announced at a later date.
For more information, visit Taipei International Design Award.