Application Deadline:March 15, 2021.
International education and training has long been one of the TaiwanICDF’s core operations, among many others. Human resources development programs play a vital role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries. The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
- Airfare: The TaiwanICDF arranges economy class, return tickets for the most-direct flights to and from Taiwan.
- Housing: All students must reside in student dormitories.
- Tuition fees: The TaiwanICDF covers tuition fees as required by a student’s university.
- Credit fees: Credit fees, which vary with the number of credits registered, are also covered as required by a student’s university.
- Insurance: In addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accident and medical coverage while in Taiwan. The TaiwanICDF covers insurance fees for the entire duration of a student’s program.
- Textbook costs: The costs of textbooks purchased as required by instructors are covered by the TaiwanICDF, subject to the approval of the director of the student’s institute.
(1) Undergraduate Program: Each student receives NT$12,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.
(2) Master’s Program: Each student receives NT$15,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.
(3) Ph.D. Program: Each student receives NT$17,000 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis. A student’s host institute may offer to continue paying this monthly allowance for courses exceeding four years; the duration and amount will be determined by the host institute.
TaiwanICDF Scholarship Partner Universities
The TaiwanICDF has established the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) with 21 partner universities, setting up an operational platform under this TICA framework to manage and improve the scholarship program. In 2021, there are 30 programs offered for TaiwanICDF Scholarship application.
Applicants applying for a TaiwanICDF scholarship must meet both the general eligibility criteria and be a national of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship. Applicants must also meet the Regulations Governing Visiting, Resident, and Permanent Residency of Aliens set by ROC (Taiwan) National Immigration Agency.
Note: All Undergraduate Programs only accept applications submitted by citizens of allied countries of ROC (Taiwan).
The annual application period runs, in principle, from January 1 to March 15. For 2021 Scholarship program, the application period runs from January 1 to March 15, 2021.
Applicants should submit the documents listed below to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office in their country. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation; failure to do so will result in the application not being processed.
Please also note: 1. Late submissions will not be accepted and/or processed. 2. All Undergraduate Programs only accept applications submitted by citizens of allied countries of ROC(Taiwan).
- A photocopy of applicant’s passport or other document showing proof of nationality.
- A photocopy of applicant’s highest-level diploma and academic transcripts.
- A photocopy of applicant’s English proficiency certificate.
Please note: This means a TOEFL test score or that of another recognized English proficiency exam, or documents certifying that the applicant has graduated from a program where all courses were taught in English. Applicants who are unable to provide such proof of English proficiency due to special circumstances may be assessed for English proficiency by an ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office via interview or other forms of testing. Applicants whose official national language is English are exempt from needing to supply these documents.
- Two letters of reference.
- Any other documents specifically requested by an ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office.
In addition to the above documents requested as part of their scholarship application, applicants should also submit all documents required by the TaiwanICDF partner university that they are applying to before the admissions deadline of that university. For detailed information on such documents, please refer to the 2021 TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program Information.
The ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office will conduct a first review of applicants based on the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the TaiwanICDF, and then submit their list of recommended applicants to the TaiwanICDF no later than March 31 each year.
A second review of the qualified applicants will be conducted by an academic committee organized by the individual partner university in joint cooperation with TaiwanICDF representatives. Such reviews will be based on each university’s selection criteria, whilst also accounting for the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the TaiwanICDF.
After the second review has been conducted in cooperation with all partner universities, the TaiwanICDF will announce its list of scholarship recipients, in principle, no later than June 10 each year. Successful applicants will receive an acceptance letter through the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate General/ Representative Office to whom they originally applied.
Please note: Gaining admission from the university does not necessarily mean that the applicant has also been given a TaiwanICDF scholarship. Only the applicant who receives the acceptance letter issued by the TaiwanICDF is the scholarship recipient.
For More Information: