Due Date: February 28, 2019
The call for entries is now open for the Tana Online Forum Yearly University Essay Competitors2019 Now in its 5th year, the Tana Online forum yearly essay competitors is targeted at acquiring views from the youth on different peace and security obstacles dealt with throughout the continent. The competitors is open to African nationals registered in college organizations based in Africa and in the diaspora.
The Tana High-Level Online Forum on Security in Africa is a yearly conference that combines African leaders and stakeholders to engage and check out African-led security solutions.This year’s edition will occur on 4-5 May 2019 in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia on the style, ‘ Political Characteristics in the Horn of Africa: Supporting the Emerging Peace Patterns’.
The Online forum aims to supply a platform for young Africans to engage with African presidents and federal governments, specialists and specialists in peace and security in Africa. Youth addition is a necessary, yet typically doing not have, element of decision-making in Africa and the Online forum uses a number of chances for youth involvement in the past, throughout and after the Online forum consisting of youth disputes, multi-stakeholder discussions, civil society and media participation, and various competitors.
- The authors of the 3 winning essays will be welcomed by the Tana Online forum Secretariat to go to the Online forum as completely sponsored individuals and address individuals at the Online forum.
- Previous to the occasion, the authors get mentorship from a swimming pool of specialists based at the Institute for Peace and Security Research Studies (IPSS)
- Candidates need to be African people registered at acknowledged universities in Africa or in the diaspora pursuing either a Bachelor’s Degree, MA or PhD in an appropriate field.
- Entries need to be typed, double-spaced, in 12- point Times New Roman with a one-inch margin on all sides.
- Essays need to be in between 5-10 pages in length omitting recommendation products.
- The essay need to be the initial work of the candidate supported by a detailed list of sources. Essays on subjects aside from “Political Characteristics in the Horn of Africa: Supporting the Emerging Peace Patterns” will not be accepted.
- Essays need to be composed in English or French.
- A referral list in APA design need to be consisted of with a minimum of 3 main sources, i.e. books, regulars or papers. Other sources might be accessed online, offered they are mentioned properly. Any submissions doing not have 3 main sources will be disqualified.
- Any essay utilizing crowd-sourced and openly editable sources such as Wikipedia will be disqualified.
- Essays need to be sent in Microsoft Word (. doc or.docx) format. Essays sent in any other format will not be thought about.
- Email your essay with the subject line: [Full name] 2019 Essay Competitors.
- Connect a brief bio that includes your name, university, degree title (Bachelor’s Degree, MA or PhD.), native land and contact info (e-mail address, phone number).
All submissions must be dealt with to Dr. Samuel Gidey at [email protected] and sent prior to 28 February 2019.
To find out more, check out Tana Online Forum