Application Due Date: 28 February2019
The Tana High-Level Online Forum on Security in Africa is a yearly conference that unites African leaders and stakeholders to engage and check out African-led security services. The Online forum aims to supply a platform for young Africans to engage with African presidents and federal governments, professionals and specialists in peace and security in Africa. Youth addition is a vital, yet frequently doing not have, element of decision-making in Africa and the Online forum provides numerous chances for youth involvement previously, throughout and after the Online forum consisting of youth disputes, multi-stakeholder discussions, civil society and media participation, and various competitors.
Now in its 5th year, the Tana Online forum yearly essay competitors is focused on acquiring views from the youth on different peace and security obstacles dealt with throughout the continent. The competitors is open to African nationals registered in college organizations based in Africa and in the diaspora.
This year’s style will be “Political
Characteristics in the Horn of Africa: Supporting the Emerging Peace Patterns”.
Candidates should be African residents registered at acknowledged universities in Africa or in the diaspora pursuing either Bachelor’s Degree, MA or PhD in a pertinent field.
• Entries should be typed, double-spaced, in 12- point Times New Roman with a one-inch margin on all sides.
• Essays should be in between 5-10 pages in length leaving out referral products.
• The essay should be the initial work of the candidate supported by a thorough list of sources. Essays on subjects besides “Political Characteristics in the Horn of Africa: Supporting the Emerging Peace Patterns” will not be accepted.
• Essays should be composed in English or French.
• A referral list in APA design should be consisted of with a minimum of 3 main sources, i.e. books, regulars or papers. Other sources might be accessed online, supplied they are mentioned properly. Any
submissions doing not have 3 main sources will be disqualified.
• Any essay utilizing crowd-sourced and openly editable sources such as Wikipedia will be disqualified.
The authors of the 3 winning essays will be welcomed by the Tana Online forum Secretariat to go to the Online forum as completely sponsored individuals and address individuals at the Online forum. Prior to the occasion, the authors get mentorship from a swimming pool of specialists based at the Institute for Peace and Security Research Studies (IPSS).
Essays should be sent in Microsoft Word (. doc or.docx) format. Essays sent in any other format
will not be thought about.
• Email your essay with the subject line: [Full name] 2019 Essay Competitors.
• Connect a brief bio that includes your name, university, degree title (Bachelor’s Degree, MA or PhD.), native land and contact details (e-mail address, phone number).
• All submissions need to be dealt with to Dr. Samuel Gidey at firstname.lastname@example.org and sent prior to 28 February 2019.
For Additional Information:
Check Out the Authorities Website of the Tana Online Forum Yearly University Essay Competitors 2019