Application Due Date: 15 th January 2019.
Applications for the TGCL (LLM) Scholarships 2019/2020 program are now being accepted
Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Research (TGCL) welcomes applications from prospects from the East African Neighborhood Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda) for LLM research studies beginning 1 st November 2019.
The prospects will pursue an LLM program on East African Neighborhood Law and Regional Combination Law. The program takes one year of full-time participation.
On effective conclusion of the program, a trainee will get a Master of Laws degree from the University of Dar es Salaam and an extra TGCL Certificate.
Research Study Program of the TGCL
There is a substantial research study part to the LLM program in the kind of an argumentation. All LLM argumentations should concentrate on East African Neighborhood law (EAC law), if possible, in relation to the trainee’s nationwide law.
The TGCL will award scholarships to candidates from EAC Partner States just which will cover:
- the university costs and TGCL costs for the LLM program;-LRB- *********************).
- a sensible medical insurance; and
- an expense of living stipend of 3,360 EUR for one year
Mode of Application
The candidate should sign up online through the TGCL site and send the following files digitally:
- a signed curriculum vitae with clear proof of durations of legal and other appropriate education, training and useful experience. It is obligatory to utilize the Europass CV design template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- a one-page letter of inspiration
- licensed copies of all appropriate certificates (birth certificate, school leaving certificates, scholastic records, certificates of legal or other expert education, consisting of provisionary outcomes for candidates who remain in the last year of their LLB research studies); when it comes to files not composed in English, a main translation needs to be connected
- a current passport image
- a release letter from your company (if you are utilized)
- a proposition of the designated research study (1,500 words)– see annexed standards. It is necessary to include your name on the proposition.
Application for Admission to the University of Dar es Salaam
- This ad is for scholarships used by the TGCL. Admissions to the University of Dar es Salaam are made by the University administration individually and individually.
- TGCL scholarships can be approved just to prospects confessed for research studies at the University of Dar es Salaam.
- TGCL will notify effective scholarship candidates early enough to permit them to make an application for admission in the University of Dar es Salaam.
- They will need to follow up postgraduate admission ads at the University of Dar es Salaam site and make an application for admission as quickly as the exact same is published.
A candidate should think about the following basic points when preparing the research study proposition:
- An extensive and comprehensive reading of appropriate products is essential as part of the preparation for an appropriate research study proposition.
- The subject and the research study proposition ought to be on an extremely particular legal issue within a specific location of law. It is for that reason encouraged to prevent basic subjects such as “A contrast of trade law in Tanzania and Kenya in the light of EAC law” or “The significance of the guideline of law in East Africa” as they are too broad and unspecific.
- The proposition ought to include an in-depth overview which exposes the designated structure of the argumentation.
- The proposition ought to be accompanied by a bibliography consisting of the most substantial main sources and secondary literature in the field with exact referrals.
- The proposition will not go beyond 1,500 words and should include your name at the top of the paper.
To Learn More: