Due Date: March 1, 2019
Applications for the Teach For India Fellowship Program 2020-2022 are now open. The Teach For India Fellowship program is a chance for India’s brightest and most appealing youth, from the country’s finest universities and work environments, to act as full-time instructors to kids from low-income neighborhoods in a few of the country’s most under-resourced schools.
Through this experience of mentor in class and dealing with essential education stakeholders like trainees, principals, and moms and dads, Fellows get exposed to the grassroot truths of India’s education system and start to cultivate the understanding, abilities, and state of minds needed to obtain positions of management in education and determine their function in developing a larger motion for academic equity in the nation. The Fellows change the life courses of kids in their class, and in turn change themselves towards management in academic equity.
- Fellows will be paid a wage of Rs. 17,500 each month;-LRB- ***************).
- If needed to move from their house city, Fellows will be offered a real estate allowance varying from Rs.5500 to 10,00 0, depending upon the city in which they will remain;-LRB- ***************).
- In addition, Fellows will get an allowance for school products.
- You need to have finished all coursework needed for your bachelor’s degree (Bachelor’s degree equivalent) from a certified college or university by the recently of May2018 Your degree records (graduate/postgraduate certificates) will be evaluated prior to an admission choice can be taken. Candidates need to likewise pass any coursework showed in their records at the time of the interview;-LRB- ***************).
- You need to be either (i) an Indian resident or (ii) a foreign nationwide of Indian origin. Foreign residents who are not of Indian origin are not qualified to use. Keep in mind to Foreign nationals of Indian origin: For more details on the OCI card, please go to the Ministry of House Affairs. To obtain the OCI card, please go to the Online OCI Registration Kind. It is advised that you obtain the OCI card as quickly as you have actually decided to sign up with the Fellowship, as it takes roughly 1-3 months to get the card;-LRB- ***************).
- The Fellowship is a full-time, paid dedication to mentor and living in among the positioning cities (Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru) beginning May/June2018 Fellows will be full-time employee of the schools in which they are put and will work specified school hours 6 days a week in addition to participating in training and assistance sessions according to city requirements;-LRB- ***************).
- You need to be proficient in the English language as Teach For India Fellows will be put in English-medium schools and will be anticipated to teach in and go to training sessions performed in English;-LRB- ***************).
- There is no age limitation to obtain Teach For India Fellowship.
- Phase One: The application is a chance for them to learn more about you. It can be as detailed as you desire it to be. Through the application they will comprehend why you wish to sign up with Teach For India and why you would be a strong suitable for the Fellowship. As soon as you send your application you will get a link to a one hour online test (AMCAT) which concentrates on situational judgement and English language capability. This need to be finished within 4 days from the date you send your application. Your application will not be total till you finish the test.
- Phase 2: After they have actually evaluated your application and finished AMCAT test, they might have some extra concerns for you. If so, you will be welcomed to go to a 30- minute phone interview with among the staff member. Here they will ask follow-up concerns to acquire additional info that will be useful in their assessment.
- Phase 3: If effective in your application, you will be welcomed to the last of the choice procedure– an in-person Evaluation Centre. Here, you will teach a 5-minute lesson, participate in a seminar and finish a brief issue fixing activity. You will likewise have an hour-long individual interview with among Teach for India employee. If you are based abroad and can not go to among our in-person Evaluation Centres, they will perform your interview and pertinent activities over Skype.
If you have any concerns about the Fellowship or the application procedure, please e-mail [email protected] and the recruitment group will be in touch to support you through the procedure.
Application Due Dates
There are 4 application due dates for the 2018 Fellowship:
Due Date 1: August 25, 2019 10: 00 PM IST
Due Date 2: October 20, 2019 10: 00 PM IST
Due Date 3: December 15, 2019 10: 00 PM IST
- Due Date 4: March 1, 2020 10: 00 PM IST